just arrived....where should I live

We have a great guy who once or twice week likes to go up and down the street ranting at trees, rubbish, doorways, while shedding items of clothing.

RachinBA said:
We have a great guy who once or twice week likes to go up and down the street ranting at trees, rubbish, doorways, while shedding items of clothing.

Lol! We haven't been blessed by any ONE individual in particular. Our crowd changes every night.

IMHO I recommend Belgrano or better Nuñez which hasn't yet been discovered by tourists and its a 10 block difference. U got Subway Line D and theres plenty of new apartments being built with young couples who flee from piquetes and demonstrations in downtown. Forget San Telmo that was 10 years ago. Palermo? Ok if you can take the noise. Still, way better than downtown

Cheers!

Palermo, obvio.

Maybe Belgrano if you don't like to go out much.

Next best bet is Villa Crespo, which is close to Palermo but cheaper. Almagro is very very 'eh'. I go there for Peruvian food, but that's about it.

San Telmo might as well be in Uruguay as far as I'm concerned due to is distance from Palermo.

Screw what people say about 'central' meaning close to 'el centro' - 'central' for most expats is Plaza Armenia.

Caballito is a really cool neighbourhood, not many tourists, great shops and restaurants and streets are relatively clean and safe, plenty of parks close by and great connections to Palermo and centre.... I love it here.

If you think Palermo is dirty then you should probably choose a different city to live in. Although I do agree on your statement about it being overrated.

RachinBA said:
I currently live in Palermo (Fitzroy and Guatemala) and I don't like it at all. The street is filthy with rubbish and dog shit that never gets cleared and there are always dodgy people asking me for monedas and drinking in the streets. I feel really unsafe too as I'm on the first floor with balcony overlooking the street, my neighbour was robbed recently via his balcony. Palermo is overrated and overpriced if you ask me. Can't wait to move!

I moved from Recoleta/Barrio Norte to Palermo Soho recently, and I agree, for what it is, it is quite filthy and poorly maintained considering the CACHE its supposed to have in Buenos Aires. In similiar neighborhoods in the States and Europe which are supposed to be ¨chic¨ and ¨upscale¨, the building associations and homeowners would never tolerate all the graffiti (literally on buildings with $1 million dollar lofts, covered with graffiti) all the garbage, and just the general poor maintanence of the area.

RachinBA said:

It's my brother. Please leave him alone. He is harmless and will probably return to normal when FOX News returns to DirecTV in Latin America.

Back