Just Arrived :)

Mark Symons

Registered
Hi

I'm Mark from Melbourne Australia. Second visit to BA. My goal is to ride a motorbike around South America, do a Che Guevara, but before doing that I need to learn spanish as well as find some long term accommodation. Ultimately I'd like to buy an apartment or two.

If anyone can help point me in the right direction on any of these I'd be most grateful.

Do you guys get together here at all?

Mark

This is the right place to find information!

Use the search function on the main page or if that does not arrive with any answers, post it up.

There´s a wealth of Spanish Schools here and property wise, renting can be a bit of minefield but if you read some of the posts here you should get an idea. As for buying, it can have its own pitfalls too but generally is great place to invest in property.

Welcome!

Several cans of worms here. Your first hurdle: you need to learn Spanish or ride with someone who is South American, (preferably both.) Your second: your vehicle, do you plan to purchase here? May be some problems trying ride that (bike) out of the country as a foreigner. You need to research that one. I've read others have not been allowed to leave Argentina after a purchase, though they can ride within Argentina. Your third: I hope you have been riding for a while. This will not be a newbie situation. Your fourth: purchasing an apartment,etc. may be very time consuming. Welcome to BA.

Back