Just got in

Oface

Registered
Hey all,
My wife and I just got into BA a few days ago, and are planning on spending about 3 months here. We rented an apartment through ByT in Recoleta for a week, and now are looking for accommodation for the rest of the time. I've read some of the threads here on finding an apartment, but if anyone has any leads on a 2 bedroom (we're expecting guests), in Palermo (near or in Viejo), I'd love to hear them.
We're from L.A., and are hoping to explore, improve our spanish, and soak in Argentina. I'm also hoping to go to a bunch of soccer games, so if anyone wants to go with me or is looking for people to go with, shoot me a PM.

Not available until the 23rd April, but this is my place: www.StayBA.com
Palermo Viejo, 2 bedrooms, Balcony, WiFi and Air Con.

HowardinBA said:
I presume you mean "football"?

Does anyone else in the English-speaking world say "soccer" except the Unitedstatesofamericaners?

Actually, much as I hate the term myself, back home in Ireland, the term is used to distinguish between Gaelic Football and Association Football. I also understand that in Australia Soccer is used as Footie refers to Aussie Rules, or even Rugby....

Myself, I always prefer Football as the term for the game, and cannot understand why those from the United States call their game, where they use their hands most of the time, American FOOTball.... It really should be called American Handball.......

in New Zealand and Australia it's true that they refer to Rugby as footie. Football for the rest of the world is 'the beautiful game'.
'American football' is an oxymoron

Liam3494 said:
Actually, much as I hate the term myself, back home in Ireland, the term is used to distinguish between Gaelic Football and Association Football. I also understand that in Australia Soccer is used as Footie refers to Aussie Rules, or even Rugby....

Myself, I always prefer Football as the term for the game, and cannot understand why those from the United States call their game, where they use their hands most of the time, American FOOTball.... It really should be called American Handball.......

I never understood that either. They barely use their feet. Aussie rules doesn't use the feet too much either. But certainly more than American football.
They could call it Unitedstatesofamerican Rules Football.

Balls of steel, or just plain stupid?
I just went out and made the factura run wearing my England football top.
(Haven't managed to do a laundry run for a fortnight.)
:-/

Alzinho said:
Balls of steel, or just plain stupid?
I just went out and made the factura run wearing my England football top.
(Haven't managed to do a laundry run for a fortnight.)
:-/
I always wear my England shirts here,my sons too:):):)

Back