Just when you think you have a great portero...

jayjane

Registered
Argh! I have been so happy with our portero. He has made me feel safe, fixes anything, never will take tip money (except Christmas), and has been extremely helpful and friendly.

Well, I have learned even if you have a great portero here, your neighbors are likely to screw it up. The consorcio met tonight and voted to change our portero and administration. WTF? Do these people even get it? There a ton of real portero complaints in this city. We are so lucky to have a good one. The vote seem to have centered on issues such as
1. While he is standing outside next to the door in the morning and evening he leaves the garage open. While he is there, standing in front of it! As soon as he leaves, he locks it.
2. Someone wanted to use the bbq and he had planned to use it and there was some kind of issue.

Argh!!! Sometimes the logic here just baffles me. So we are roped into paying higher expenses for a while so they can get ready to fire him and pay him out what he is owed (he has worked for the building for a long time.) Most of the neighbors jumped on the ¨let´s fire him bandwagon.¨

Maybe some of the owners want to put their own people, maybe one of them has a company that administrates buildings, maybe is just a personal issue. We changed administrators this year (last one was a thief), but we would never change our 30-year-experience. The guy was one of the workers when the building was built in the 1970s, and after it was finished he became the portero.

Finally, maybe is a class issue. Our portero and us belong more or less to the same social class (they earn something like 5000 ARS), but in some buildings the difference is big, and local upper classes are very dismissive of the rest of society.

First thought came to my mind after I read the title, "oh crap! The portero robbed 'em!". Glad to read that's not the case. Sorry to see the idiocy of your neighbors! But what can I say. After all, "Es Argentina!!"

Porteros are all putos di mierda - but you still need to smile at them and be nice - unless you need your apartment cleaned out that is :)

Back