Just wondering...Do I have to pay my rent?

As I said it before there may be many "vivos" local and Expat thinking about not paying, rent, utilities , etc. all over the country . No benefits planned for Landlords living out of a single rental income..?

Might as well play Russian Roulette with a semi-automatic pistol.

Residential and Once, does not compute...

Iz
From what I know, a "Residential hotel" lets rooms by the month. Very inexpensive (cheap) rooms, and sometimes shared. Nothing posh about it.

From what I know, a "Residential hotel" lets rooms by the month. Very inexpensive (cheap) rooms, and sometimes shared. Nothing posh about it.

Its strange that this gentlemen is so concerned about his health and the coronavirus but he is willing to risk his life to not pay rental to the once mafia who are not scared to rough up anyone who screw them over . Also at this time as a expat in Argentina I would be keeping a very low profile at the moment as just with one simple denuncia you could be jailed for two years without a trial , Under the new coronavirus laws the owners of the hotel could easily call the police and have you arrested for numerous reasons .

Thank you On the brink, I'm familiar with the area and the concept of Residential (rooms for rent).

------------------------------

The Question is "Do I have to pay?"
There are absolutely NO REASONS NOT TO PAY.

As long as he's staying. Frozen rent just means no raises and I suspect the OP is smart enough to understand that.

Once is not a safe area by any definition.
I wouldn't try my luck trying to be a smart ass. Just remember that hospitals are already full of sick people. Wouldn't want to desperately require one.
Just saying...

1585619067155.png

Iz

Well guys, I think I got a nerve with all of you. Um...what do I say? I was kind of kidding around, but also, I'm asking about the law and our situation right now. I didn't really know how to say it exactly, but I'm finding myself in a developing economic situation which I find is becoming desperate. I'm not trying to cheat anyone or get over, I'm just worried about eating and paying my bills. Do you guys know of any Food programs?

So...like seriously...I'm fast becoming in a jam here. I was being silly with my post, but I'm wondering what to do. I'm crawling the walls and just watched a plane take off yesterday that apparently evacuated Americans...

Don't be mean to me guys...I don't have a trust fund or any living relatives...so I was just asking.

Well guys, I think I got a nerve with all of you. Um...what do I say? I was kind of kidding around, but also, I'm asking about the law and our situation right now. I didn't really know how to say it exactly, but I'm finding myself in a developing economic situation which I find is becoming desperate. I'm not trying to cheat anyone or get over, I'm just worried about eating and paying my bills. Do you guys know of any Food programs?

So...like seriously...I'm fast becoming in a jam here. I was being silly with my post, but I'm wondering what to do. I'm crawling the walls and just watched a plane take off yesterday that apparently evacuated Americans...

Don't be mean to me guys...I don't have a trust fund or any living relatives...so I was just asking.
Fair enough, but you was talking about beer money. I would suggest if you are in a serious situation and need serious help, don't make it sound like it's a joke to you.

As for the situation around rent, it's messy. I don't think the situation gives you carte blanche to just not pay your rent. However, (and I could be wrong), I think you can defer payment of it until a later date. What the rules are to be able to do this I don't know and I hope someone still has the patience with you to correct me if I am wrong.

If I were you, the first thing I would do is contact the owner/agent and explain your situation and see if there is any arrangement that can be made. Being inclusive with them may get better results than just saying I am not paying.

Anyway, I am still not sure if you're trolling or not but either way the information you receive here on out may be helpful to other posters.

well, skid row in L.A. is free, try that after all this is over....

Personally, I have trouble believing Andrew. He probably dos not have a trust fund - in fact, I don't know anyone who does. But no living relatives?

Maestro, bring out the violins.....!

Wow, you guys are harsh!

I have a living sister who is in an assisted living center, and a brother in prison for a very long time. I said I don't have living relatives, but keep your violins please.

I have spoken to my landlord and they're pretty cool.

Back