Kids bikes?

buddha

Registered
I'm new to BsAs about 2 months. Is there anywhere a person can get a couple of bikes for a 5 and 10 yr old. New is fine and used is fine. I know the quality and price issues so I don't want to start a thread about that. I've checked Jumbo and Carrefour, am I missing something?

Thanks for anyones help. Happy New Year!

In my neighborhood, Belgrano, there are a lot of good places to get bikes for kids. There's one on Monroe called Green Line, I think it's between Cuba and Vuelta de Obligado and another one on the block before, Cuba and Arcos. I might be off by a block but not more than that.

What surprised me is that kid's bikes are almost as expensive as adult bikes--I don't think that's the case in the states, but I could be wrong.

If the 5 year old is a girl, I may be able to help you with a used bike. Not to perpetuate gender stereotypes or anything--your hyothetical son is as equally welcome to a pink, white and purple bike as your daughter, but my son began refusing to use anything pink after turning four (and moving to Buenos Aires, where boys who like pink are not as tolerated as they are in San Francisco).

buddha said:
I'm new to BsAs about 2 months. Is there anywhere a person can get a couple of bikes for a 5 and 10 yr old. New is fine and used is fine. I know the quality and price issues so I don't want to start a thread about that. I've checked Jumbo and Carrefour, am I missing something?

Thanks for anyones help. Happy New Year!

Go to KDT behind Paseo Alcorte there is a shop called Sprint Haupt, I think they just got a bunch of kids bikes in. Esquiel Haupt is the owner. The phone number there is 4804 2870. They are closed untill Jan 3rd or 4th. Excellent mechanic there and the kids can ride their with no car traffic. Racers train there so you have to pick your hours. Weekends after 1 or 2 the 1.3 km course is wide open to slower moving bikes.

If you're in Olivos, try Starcycles on Ugarte near Maipu.

Back