La Rural

LA,

This is what I was talking about.

I'm probably going next Saturday with some friends, if anybody wants they are welcome to join.

The best time to go is while they are judging the entries - you can see the animals, and also the "paisanos" who take care of them.

There's intense competition among estancias' employees to get sent to the Rural, and the gauchos who go are dressed to kill, with their best black felt hats, bombachas, and silver rastras, those wide belts adorned with silver coins. Quite a sight.

Inaugural day is fun but mobbed.

SaraSara said:
There's intense competition among estancias' employees to get sent to the Rural, and the gauchos who go are dressed to kill, with their best black felt hats, bombachas, and silver rastras, those wide belts adorned with silver coins. Quite a sight.

I agree, the gauchos are dressed to kill, the horses are heavy with the silver, and the other animals look perfectly groomed... I am going back a 2nd time this week!

katti said:
I agree, the gauchos are dressed to kill, the horses are heavy with the silver, and the other animals look perfectly groomed... I am going back a 2nd time this week!

I've never been, how was the food ? My Argie friend tells me it's quite a spectacle and the food is really good, especially the steak. :)

AlexfromLA said:
I've never been, how was the food ? My Argie friend tells me it's quite a spectacle and the food is really good, especially the steak. :)

I didn't try the food, but there were restaurants that really looked nice, I can imagine the food is good.

Back