La Rural

Yeah I just asked my friend. He said anyone older than 12 gets in for 17 pesos, any kids under 12 get in for free.

I shall be heading there next Saturday. I know some people who shall be showcasing there animals and the wares they produce. What are the queues like? Particularly long? What is the best time to get there? The food sounds very interesting.

Moonwitch said:
I shall be heading there next Saturday. I know some people who shall be showcasing there animals and the wares they produce. What are the queues like? Particularly long? What is the best time to get there? The food sounds very interesting.

Went back today and queues were loooooong... but moving (relatively) fast.

AlexfromLA said:
I've never been, how was the food ? My Argie friend tells me it's quite a spectacle and the food is really good, especially the steak. :)
katti said:
I didn't try the food, but there were restaurants that really looked nice, I can imagine the food is good.
Really? Really? :confused: :rolleyes:

Q: "How was the food?"

And you say that "[your] Argie friend tells [you]...the food is really good."

Have we not had this conversation about food already?

http://baexpats.org/food-drink/6548-worst-pizza-world.html

And Katti, "[you] can imagine the food is good." Really?

You must have an abso-@#$%-lutely vivid imagination.

We've had the conversation before. Please!!! The food in this country IS...NOT...GOOD!!!!

(Except for a Puerta Cerrada or two. We've also had that conversation.)

As for La Rural?... I look forward to going tomorrow/ later today/ THURSDAY!!

And I'll probably eat some food. And I'll want to like. I promise. I'll really try. But I'm not holding my breath.

suerte

Napoleon said:

We've had the conversation before. Please!!! The food in this country IS...NOT...GOOD!!!!

And I'll probably eat some food. And I'll want to like. I promise. I'll really try. But I'm not holding my breath.

suerte

Napoleon, you are mistaken,

I have never participated in these 'worst pizza in the world-and other threads'. True that "generally speaking", food here is "boring", true that I always ask for the peppermill when in restaurants. But that does not make food "bad".
(Personally I love pizza at Piola, the only meal I don't put pepper on ;)).

If I would have to chose between the "generally boring" food here and the "generally greasy" american food, I would know what to chose. But then I always try to go to "better" restaurants, both here and in the US where the food is not "generally" but "exeptionally".

And from all people Napoleon, you should know that "les goûts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas"!

BTW don't expect high quisine at la Rural, it is a livestock fair. Expect some good steak! And if I am not mistaken, that is the only thing you americans love here.:p

Napoleon said:
And I'll probably eat some food.
And I'll want to like. I promise. I'll really try. But I'm not holding my breath.
suerte

Nice to hear that Napo we will wait with some apprehension your unquestionable expert verdict!
bigtick.jpg
1995978xs.jpg

...whatever it may be we will accept it, considering your excellent expertise as a foodie in fine international cousine, people at the Rural will feel humbled by the honor of your presence at the event.

Lol,

I actually find the steak in Argentina ( in general ) very good. My Argie friend told me they have good quality beef at la rural. I really don't know that's why I was asking. Either way I'll find out on Saturday and report back ;)

Back