la vache qui rit

katti

Registered
It's probably hopeless, but does anyone know where I can find la vache qui rit?

They used to have it in carrefour but they don't have it anymore and told me they will probably not have it in the future either.

i'd say look for the tholem spreadable cheese brand which you'll find along side the casan crem and mendicream and other cream and cheese spreads.

i remember thinking it reminded me of a softer version of la vache qui rit, and has a similar aftertaste.

I tried many, and I am happy with local brands, but my son asks me every day for 'the real one" and he does not go for "imitation", as he calls it. (believe me : I tried!) :eek: He is so desperate that I thought of giving him a few boxes for his brithday! ;) (can you imagine?)

JulioRB said:
Try Disco of Quintana street
........and when you eventually get hold of some, save the packaging very carefully so that in future you can make your own counterfeit copies!

elhombresinnombre said:
........and when you eventually get hold of some, save the packaging very carefully so that in future you can make your own counterfeit copies!

haha thanks! great idea! (Although I am afraid I cannot fool him) :p

Try Adler's "queso fundido". It is very similar to La Vache, and also comes packaged in round boxes.

I think I saw some in Jumbo in Almargo the other day. It's on Yatay two blocks down from corrientes (Yatay y humahuaca?). I'll be passing there again on Monday and can go and take a look if you want.

GreenLeaf said:
I think I saw some in Jumbo in Almargo the other day. It's on Yatay two blocks down from corrientes (Yatay y humahuaca?). I'll be passing there again on Monday and can go and take a look if you want.

Thanks, I haven't tried Jumbo yet,...

Back