Label Warning--EDTA

brocolliandtea

Registered
When I first moved here, I noticed that the known carcinogen formaldehyde (known as formol in spanish) was found in many bars of soaps, liquid hand and dish detergents, shampoos, hair conditioners, and even toothpaste (close up). Its not used in north america or most of Europe. Its used here because its the cheapest despite the danger to the consumer.

Then I noticed that most of the labels just started saying "conservante", meaning preservative without indicating which one it was.

Recently I was curious what "EDTA" was. I found it in so many products, including food and toothpaste etc. Well, for those of you who are health conscious or have children you want to protect, this is what I found out....

3. Tetrasodium EDTA is a preservative that’s made from the known carcinogen, formaldehyde and sodium cyanide. (see how) It is also a penetration enhancer, meaning it breaks down the skin's protective barrier, going right into your bloodstream. Many companies trying to be "natural" will use Tetrasodium EDTA instead of parabens to preserve their products. In my opinion, Tetrasodium EDTA is just as bad.

Back