Ladies: Any Experience With Miranova?

lucha54

Registered
I'm going to try it out but I'm a little confused... the pharmacists and leaflet say to start it on the first day of the period... but there are only 21 pills. Is there no week-long break? Do I take 21 for 3 weeks and then start another packet of 21 immediately? Or do I take 21 followed by a 7 day break? ...Confused :huh:

I don't take Miranova but I found this on a pharmacy site:

4.2. Cómo tomar Miranova comprimidos recubiertos Los comprimidos deben tomarse por vía oral en el orden indicado en el envase blíster, aproximadamente a la misma hora, todos los días, con algo de líquido si fuera necesario. Se debe tomar un comprimido diario durante 21 días consecutivos. Cada envase posterior se empezará después de un intervalo de 7 días libre de toma de comprimidos, durante el cual suele producirse una hemorragia por deprivación. Esta hemorragia habitualmente comienza entre los días 2 a 3 después de la toma del último comprimido, y puede no haber finalizado antes de empezar el siguiente envase.

I take Tridette and it works the same way.... you take the 21 pills and then have a 7 day break before starting the next packet (during which you should get your period) :)

I use another brand, but it works the same way. Most brands here don't have the placebo pills, so you're supposed to stop for 7 days and then start the new pack.

girls, I take Ginelea 28 or Yasmin. both are 28 pills (with placebos included) they're pretty good. at least they worked on me.

Yes but I'm asking because they say to START the pills on the FIRST day of your period. So if there are still 21 days after your period of non-period days, there are not enough pills. With Tridette you are supposed to start it 7 days after the first day of your period. So with only 21 pills, and instructions that say to start the pills when your period starts, it doesn't make any sense.

I take the Damsel brand, a friend told me that they were the best, remember that the "week break pills" are just placebo pills, you can either take them or not, it doesn't make a difference.

I always start my birth control on the first Sunday after I start my period. Then you take pills for 21 days. Then 7 off days. My pills come with 7 pills for the off days but they are just sugar pulls to help keep you in the habit of taking pills.

Yeah I am used to taking 28 day pills (usually I dont take the placebo) but those are the ones you're supposed to start 7 days after the start of your period. That's why I'm asking about the 21 day pills, which the instructions say to start the first day of your period... still not clear on this.

If the brochure, instructions on the box say "start on the first day of your period" why should anyone else know better? Follow the instructions, take a 7 day break when pills are over and start over after 7 day break.

Agreed with what mjohnstone says! The instructions you're reading are common, I've taken BC pills that start that way before.
Start the pack on the day you get your period, then when you finish the pack wait 7 days and start the next one.

Back