Ladies: What To Wear To A Job Interview Here?

AHansen

Registered
Hey,

I'm sure that interview attire is more or less the same as in the U.S., but I've also noticed that some women (especially in the trendier neighborhoods) tend to wear more casual clothing to the office. I used to live in Washington, DC where boring pantsuits are basically a must, but I know Buenos Aires appreciates good style a bit more...

Anyways, the interview is at a web-marketing company that seems to be mid-size and is located in the north of the province. It's kind of short notice since it's tomorrow, but any ideas are welcome!

Thanks

I think it depends most on the company you're interviewing at but in general you could wear nice pants, a blouse and dress shoes and be fine :)

For a sales job every inch above the knee increases your opportunities.... :D

I think it really depends upon the culture of that company. Some companies here in BA are Blue Chip Corporate, some are West Coast Biz Casual, and some are jeans. With few exceptions I think it would be hard to overdress for an interview.

I would wear a suit and tie to the interview if it were me.

Just my .02

I would wear a casual suit if you have it ,not a darkblue one with white blouse . Depending on how far in the province you are talking about it might be less casual . MMy thinking is not overly formal ,skirt blouse blazer/jacket and dress shoes . They can always ask you to dress down when you get the job. Telling you to dress up is less likely as if they are formally inclined you fail on "first impression " basis. If they are informal you can make up for your formal wear with an informal but can do attitude. Good luck.

If you are not blond, you should consider your hair color, They love blonds here ;)
Promise, I am not making it up, my Argy friend told me that, if there are 2 people for a job, blond will always get it.

Well regarding dress for interview is depends upon a interviewer/boss a decent trousers and shirt might be good Idea.

I wore a nice pant suit to my first interview here in 2007 and felt WAY too overdressed. Didn't get the job. Don't remember what I wore to the interview of the job I have now, but it was definitely more on the casual side. A nice pair of pants and a smart blouse should work fine. But I agree that it definitely depends on the company and position.

Back