Latest Rates - Prepaid Cellular $/min or $/text

daniel25

Registered
Hi everyone,

I've recently noticed that my cellphone credit disappears rather quickly and wanted to see what other carriers are charging. I'm using Claro and they charge me $1.59 pesos/min to call another cellphone. Not sure what they charge for texts though..

Does anyone know what movistar or personal are charging these days?

Many thanks

Don't know what Movistar is charging, but I know that it's over 1 peso/min. I also know that if you buy at least $30 of credit or more, you always get 1.5 times the amount. And usually about 3 to 5 days a month, you get a text for DOUBLE credit. And last week (I think), I even got a text for TRIPLE credit if I bought AR$40 or more.

The cell phone prices for calls are why I almost never make phone calls from my cell.

Does the bonus credit for movistar only apply to when you call other movistar numbers? I'm fairly certain that Claro's bonus credit only applied to calling other Claro customers.

Not only you get a 50% credit when you charge over a certain amount, but you also get your rates cheaper, so it make sense to charge 30 pesos or more and this is true for all companies. Only problem is Claro at least started expiring credits in 30 days and that sucked, because I would have 100 pesos last me for 2 or more months.

Wow, I didn't know that about cheaper rates. Thanks! I'll be buying 30 peso cards from now on. By the way, I did some more calculations and it appears to cost 34 centavos per text message, at least with the expensive rates.

sometimes i get email messages from my bank that offer 2 for 1 credits on recarga for Movistar. On thursdays, it is always 50% bonus for amounts over 30 pesos.

Back