Latest Update On Airline Tickets For Foreigners

estebandepraga

Registered
Hola
I know this subject has been discussed recently but as I am still in Prague I would like to get an update
I am Argentine and pay the Argentine price but I'm coming to BA with a Czech friend and I want to take him to Salta
Is it still easy to get an Argentine price on LAN for domestic tickets for him if he doesnt check in luggage and I do?
Any help greatly appreciated
thanks
Esteban

Seems if you ain't local you have to pay in USD now. So not sure that LAN loophole still works. Can confirm that it did work back in April.
What I'd check, is how much it costs to buy an "award" ticket. That is, buy the miles needed for the award flight. There's one benefit card that gives you 20k LANPass kms for less than 2.000 pesos. And that's enough for a Salta trip valid for foreigners, checked bags, etc.

I flew LAN to Mendoza with my brother in law who was visiting from UK in December 2013. I bought the tickets on despegar.com and entered his passport number when a document number was requested. Everything went well.

In early Dec., my Argie boy bought us RT domestic flights in pesos with Aerolinas. He got the local price, I got the foreigner price (in pesos- about a AR$1000 more than locals). Glad we did it this way, because we're both legit & can check bags.

Back