Least expensive (international) airport to fly to from either Buenos Aires or Córdoba?

Big Swifty

Registered
It´s a long story, so I´ll spare the boring details, but I´m looking for the least expensive destination to fly to from either Buenos Aires or Córdoba. This would be for a flight in the distant future, but something I could book today, which probably means up until the end of November, which is as far as websites such as Kayak are allowing.

So far the least expensive option I´ve found is B.A. to Santiago. I would have thought B.A. to Montevideo would be the least expensive, but no.

Is this to prove you’ll be leaving?
Confirmed reservations often work for that - ticket not required.

Its pretty cheap to fly to Miami. And Miami is very welcoming, super friendly and open right now.

Least expensive I´ve found was Buenos Aires to Santiago for US $20 in November of ´21.

I used to use the confirmed reservation trick (or a cheap bus ticket), but it seems harder to do now. There are companies that charge for this service, and airlines like United have a service to lock in a reservation, but it costs.

Least expensive I´ve found was Buenos Aires to Santiago for US $20 in November of ´21.

I used to use the confirmed reservation trick (or a cheap bus ticket), but it seems harder to do now. There are companies that charge for this service, and airlines like United have a service to lock in a reservation, but it costs.

Any agent you know will do this for a very reasonable fee, an order of magnitude less than any actual transportation will cost you actually, $20 is pretty damn cheap.

Just make sure that a return ticket on any date suffices, with Argentina the maximum permitted stay for tourists is 90 days so November might be too far away.

The other option was to get a fully refundable ticket, but $20 tickets that don´t have to be canceled within 24 hours in order to be refunded seems a lot easier than dealing with potential excuses from an airline - such as LATAM who is saying it can take up to a year for a refund.

We´re not going as tourists, which I don´t even think is even a possibility at this point in time. Going for health treatments for my wife not available here in Peru and we have family in Argentina.

I always thought the necessity for passage out of the country was more for the airlines to protect themselves should the country demand proof of outbound travel, but in all my years I´ve never once been asked by Immigration to show any proof of onward travel. LATAM was trying to tell me I needed to buy round trip airfare from them and had to return to Peru; as if no one has ever flown into one country and then visited others before returning to their original destination.

Buy a business class ticket from eze to iah. Pay for it. Print out the receipts and itenerary. Within 24 hours cancel the flight for a full refund.

Boom

Back