Legal/logistical things besides visa/residency to prepare before moving from USA?

HI, do you have names of mail service companies? I'm pretty ignorant and haven't heard of this and it sounds like it would help me a lot. My permanent address is in Los Angeles.
You may want to check out UsaBox in Miami.

During the Macri times, there was a single exchange rate determined by the market. So, people used simply to withdraw pesos from ATMs using a foreign debit card. Schwab is one of the few American banks that reimburses ATM transaction fees, including foreign ones.

Now when the blue rate is twice the official it does not make sense to use foreign cards in ATMs, unless you are planning to go to Uruguay and withdraw dollars there.
Right, I know of official vs. blue rates, but does having a Western Union account enable me to send myself USD and then cash it out as paper USD while in Argentina? Right now it seems to me that having a Schwab account will allow me to convert dollars to pesos without the foreign transaction fee and that Western Union will provide the same ability.

Right, I know of official vs. blue rates, but does having a Western Union account enable me to send myself USD and then cash it out as paper USD while in Argentina?
No

Right now it seems to me that having a Schwab account will allow me to convert dollars to pesos without the foreign transaction fee and that Western Union will provide the same ability.
Yes, but if you use your Schwab debit card in an ATM in Argetina today, you would get about half as many pesos than if you made a transfer by Western Union with a promo code that waived the 5% WU fee.

Even with the fee, Western Union is undoubtedly going to be worth the effort of picking up the funds in person as it will put a lot more pesos in your pocket,

No

Yes, but if you use your Schwab debit card in an ATM in Argetina today, you would get about half as many pesos than if you made a transfer by Western Union with a promo code that waived the 5% WU fee.

Even with the fee, Western Union is undoubtedly going to be worth the effort of picking up the funds in person as it will put a lot more pesos in your pocket,
Thank you for your response. Are you saying Western Union provides pesos at the blue rate?

If you need to receive dollars and withdraw dollars you can use transferwise. But you have to have a dollar account here in Argentina. You send yourself dollars, fill out a form that states they are from your foreign savings and then the bank deposits the dollars in your Arg account. You can then withdraw the dollars in cash.

Should I bring an apostilled copy of my graduate degree diploma? I'm preparing to work in BA and I'm assembling the various documents I need for the residency application, including the apostilled antecedentes penales (for me, an FBI background check). But now I'm thinking I should bring my graduate diploma as well in case a job requires proof that I have the degree I say I have. Does anyone have experience with this?

Should I bring an apostilled copy of my graduate degree diploma? I'm preparing to work in BA and I'm assembling the various documents I need for the residency application, including the apostilled antecedentes penales (for me, an FBI background check). But now I'm thinking I should bring my graduate diploma as well in case a job requires proof that I have the degree I say I have. Does anyone have experience with this?

From your post it appears you intend to search for a local job down here? Maybe you get lucky , however without solid local Experience and full command of Spanish the chances are reduced. IMHO

From your post it appears you intend to search for a local job down here? Maybe you get lucky , however without solid local Experience and full command of Spanish the chances are reduced. IMHO
Yep, have both. Actually lived in BA previously a number of years ago and am coming back. I was close to a few positions (one especially) but they fell through due to a legal/bureaucratic issue relating to getting a work visa while outside of the country.

Back