Legwork saved 30% in groceries

Callia Alta Shiraz Malbec is $18 in a local Chinese mini mart and $21.50 at Disco and Coto.
It may be worth bearing in mind that some, and I emphasise SOME Chinese shops have their fiscal controller machine switched off at times or at least the till permanently open, which could be described as not white payments and so hence the lower prices.
Just an observation.

Talking about differences in prices for the same product, here's one that's got me completely confused. On Saturday night we ordered dinner from a Delivery that offers a 'menu delivery'. We ordered 3 menus at a total cost of $96.50. On Monday night, being completely and utterly lazy we ordered exactly the same thing from exactly the same delivery. it cost us $88.50.
There was no apparent 'weekend markup' on the receipt for the Saturday dinner, can't work out what the difference in price is for (but not complaining!)

steveinbsas said:
Oh, no! Please don't let us assume that you have "SHORT TERM" rental apartments and only accept dollars!:eek:

Anyone who does is also saving an additional 30% by not paying taxes on the rental income.:cool:

What a great system.:rolleyes:

No small wonder this country is in the dumpster.;)

Aye, Steve the Scout Boy and Moral Giant

elclandestino said:
Aye, Steve the Scout Boy and Moral Giant

I don't consider being called moral or a Boy Scout an insult. I also wonder what guides the actions of people who mock morality.

(Being a Boy Scout has a lot to do with learning how to be moral...especially if you take it seriously...as I did.)

Stafford said:
Scenario 2:

Convert dollars to pesos at Chinese Supermarket for 4.70

Good tip! I did not know the Chinese accepted US$! I used to do it at Zara, but the rate was 4.30 last Friday.

I'll ask my chino if he is willing to take US$ next time I go there...

just thought i'd pass it along

go to check out and where it says
Ingresá Código de Promoción

put DISCO15DTO

Scenario 2:

Deposit pesos into Banco Nacion Account
Use Banco Nacion debit card on Monday to pay at coto (20% discount)

-Stafford, can you please explain how and where you exchanged money with the people at the chino? I am trying to sell dollars now at the 'blue' rate (have a post up about it on baexpats) and so far, haven't found any options.

Thanks,

westofwall said:
Scenario 2:

Deposit pesos into Banco Nacion Account
Use Banco Nacion debit card on Monday to pay at coto (20% discount)

-Stafford, can you please explain how and where you exchanged money with the people at the chino? I am trying to sell dollars now at the 'blue' rate (have a post up about it on baexpats) and so far, haven't found any options.

Thanks,

Westofwall,

I think your problem is that you're trying to do a black market transaction and are worried about things like trustworthiness and reputability.

Note: I'm NOT talking about dealing with the moneychangers on Florida St. I want to deal with someone honest/trustworthy/safe.
I'm sure that a lot of people on the board have people whom they trust and to whom they sell their dollars, many of whom may work on Florida street as money changers. These trusted people could go to jail for money laundering; nobody is going to just post their info on the Internet (trust goes both ways after all).

If you come to terms with the fact that you'll be carrying cash to a guy in a place where there is no placard on the wall with the days exchange rate, where you could easily get fake bills and where there will be probably no recourse if things go south, then I would suggest that you start asking around amongst friends, Argentine and Expat, to see if anyone knows somebody.

It's a bit like the people who come on here every few months asking to buy drugs, not the right forum.

steveinbsas said:
I don't consider being called moral or a Boy Scout an insult. I also wonder what guides the actions of people who mock morality.

(Being a Boy Scout has a lot to do with learning how to be moral...especially if you take it seriously...as I did.)

a good one mate. but being a scouy boy and a law obeying citizen could get dangerous in a screwed up society

steveinbsas said:
Just want to show elclandestino that he was right. I really was a Boy Scout.

And I'm still proud as well as grateful to have been one.

am grateful only to be still alive

are you also republican?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
steveinbsas Expat Life 0
Back