Let Me Introduce Ourselves...

WhenInBsAs

Registered
Hi,

We have been following the forums for a while now, and we have finally landed in Bs As after almost a year of bureaucratic processes to arrive with a working visa. We are a married couple, one Irish, one Latinamerican, mid 30's, no children, 2 dogs; have been living in Dublin, Ireland for the last 3 years after concluding 374 days of travel around the world and getting married in Las Vegas.

Husband is here on a temporary 2 year work assignment so wife will most likely spend her time exploring the coffee culture or lackof. We have been in Bs As before and love the life in Palermo, but San Isidro is closer to work and better for our dogs so it seems we will have to choose San Isidro this time...

We understand the current challenges in Argentina but decided to take the chance and we will try to make the best of it. Think we have all the basics covered but we will be asking your advice on specific issues, especially about San Isidro which we don't know well. We have noticed there are many experts here (plus the usual intimidating forum grouchos), so this forum is a gem for any newcomer like us.

Looking forward to interacting with you all and hopefully meeting some of you.

Thanks in advance,

Best introduction letter i've seen since joining this forum. seriously the best. i welcome you with open arms, if you need anything please don't hesitate.

Hi,

We have been following the forums for a while now, and we have finally landed in Bs As after almost a year of bureaucratic processes to arrive with a working visa. We are a married couple, one Irish, one Latinamerican, mid 30's, no children, 2 dogs; have been living in Dublin, Ireland for the last 3 years after concluding 374 days of travel around the world and getting married in Las Vegas.

Husband is here on a temporary 2 year work assignment so wife will most likely spend her time exploring the coffee culture or lackof. We have been in Bs As before and love the life in Palermo, but San Isidro is closer to work and better for our dogs so it seems we will have to choose San Isidro this time...

We understand the current challenges in Argentina but decided to take the chance and we will try to make the best of it. Think we have all the basics covered but we will be asking your advice on specific issues, especially about San Isidro which we don't know well. We have noticed there are many experts here (plus the usual intimidating forum grouchos), so this forum is a gem for any newcomer like us.

Looking forward to interacting with you all and hopefully meeting some of you.

Thanks in advance,

There are plenty of dogs ( and dog walkers) in Palermo, though.

We are going to move to San Isidro Centro soon (June, if all goes well). Yesterday I went to Buenos Aires downtown and I wondered who would ever like to live in such a crowded place!
We are about your same age but no dogs, and sadly no cats either. We wil be working from home and we will enjoy a cup of coffee with you when you are settled in San Isidro!

Write down this place: Soffice in calle Martín y Omar, the best coffee I ever had here so far. There is an Illy place in San Isidro Centro but honestly it wasn't anywhere near Soffice's coffee.

See you there!

Hi Ajoknoblauch,

We have the time and enjoy walking our dogs, although it might be great for them to walk in a pack. So eventually might send them with dog walkers. We looked for houses in Palermo but found none with big garden. We've always lived in city centre of European capitals so we haven't had our own garden, thought this was a good opportunity. We're still driving to Palermo 2-3 times a week to discover the area and life more. Cheers,

There are plenty of dogs ( and dog walkers) in Palermo, though.

We are going to move to San Isidro Centro soon (June, if all goes well). Yesterday I went to Buenos Aires downtown and I wondered who would ever like to live in such a crowded place!
We are about your same age but no dogs, and sadly no cats either. We wil be working from home and we will enjoy a cup of coffee with you when you are settled in San Isidro!

Write down this place: Soffice in calle Martín y Omar, the best coffee I ever had here so far. There is an Illy place in San Isidro Centro but honestly it wasn't anywhere near Soffice's coffee.

See you there!

San Isidro is lovely and you really aren't far at all from town. Will you have a car? And welcome!

Welcome! Seems like you have most everything sorted! I have only been to San Isidro a couple of times and found it to be very beautiful and green.

Back