Life In The Burbs

jb5

Registered
So we've moved to San Isidro for the summer to accommodate our holiday visiting crowd. It really is lovely, tree lined street and kids splashing in pools. We just can't quite figure out what people do out here. Any thoughts much appreciated.

They live in houses on tree lined streets while the kids splash in the pools.:p

Some actually take care of their own gardens (yards).:D

Occasionally they go shopping and/or eat in restaurants.:rolleyes:

We're just renting, so it's not our garden. It's beautiful and I wouldn't want to compromise that. We had a look at restaurants out here today. Not bad. But what next? What is there to do in Tigre?

jb5 said:
What is there to do in Tigre?

After a few days (a week at the most): wishing you never thought of moving to Argentina in the first place.:p

Never! There's nothing even close to as entertaining as CFK and the AFIP! I'd have so much time on my hands back home if there were no lines to wait in. Really Steve, I'm not sure what you could be thinking.

Enjoy the suburbs. There is less to do , but still plenty. Good food. Open spaces/parks on the river. Biking along the river. SAiling from one of the many clubs. Boat rides in the Delta. Day trip to Taikomen. Explore the shopping areas in the cities (Martienez). Find good local butchers/bakers/pasta places , and who has the best pizza delivery !! Have a coffee at Borges , ride the Tren De la Costa. Check out the natural market at one of the stations. Go to the hipdromono. Movies/shopping at the Unicenter ( air conditioned.)

By the way , what do you do in the city the rest of the year ? Fight traffic , get robbed , look over your shoulder , get ripped off in restaurants , by taxi's , overpay everywhere , no parking , avoid bondi's , breath Co2........

The burb's are not bad !!!

jb5 said:
We're just renting, so it's not our garden. It's beautiful and I wouldn't want to compromise that. We had a look at restaurants out here today. Not bad. But what next? What is there to do in Tigre?

Again, incase you forgot in the other thread. Tipula in Martinez. Awesome food.

As for what to do, you could always go to peru beach, you know, if you are looking for a reason to kill yourself.

Or you could take the boat from tigre to martin garcia, never been personally but heard its pretty cool. I'm thinking of going on saturday, but I was going to fly.

Reactions: jb5
Same thing you do in the suburbs back home :) Garden, hang out, lay next to the pool entertain at home with asados, go for lunch and ice cream, walk along the river, go out to dinner, go to the racetrack in San Isidro, go sailing, etc :)

Do you have access to a car?

Have asados is a good suggestion. You should have one and invite me! ;)

Pretty much what everyone else suggested .If you are water sports orientated you could go to kite Beach well for kites and windsurfing.
You can do a river tour on a sailboat and I know just the person who could provide that for you....cough err .Pm me if that interests you.
You could take the kids to Temaiken park which admittedly is near Esacobar but en route from San Isidro.
A bit further in Vicente Lopez there is an active rollerblading crowd in the new costanera vial . Also there is an ecological reserve in San Isidro . I don't know exactly how to get there as we usually see it from the water, but it is usually full of life on weekends.

Back