Light Bulbs?

It was bulbs for an existing system... the boss said they gave nicer light than she had seen before and isnt available here.

She must be obeyed...

recently on the alibaba website. lots of LED light bulbs for sale at inexpensive prices. not sure how shipping would work. have a friend that works for amazon. his job is to sell the warehousing feature amazon is offering. he said there are a group of people buying at alibaba, shipping to amazon, and selling through the ad's placed on amazon at double the price paid. I believe amazon charges about 10% handling fee.

hint... one person is doing it with LED light bulbs, the other is doing it with electrical receptacles with USB ports. just a thought. buy in china, ship to united states, receive money where is legal. too old for this, maybe someone technological skills and an appetite for making money in argentina could use the information

It was bulbs for an existing system... the boss said they gave nicer light than she had seen before and isnt available here.

She must be obeyed...

Well, there you go. That's the bottom line.

One thing: with LEDs you do have to be cognizant of what color you want the light to be. With incandescents they mostly give yellow, warm light, but LEDs can be designed to be anywhere from operating-room bright white (I hate that in a living space) to warm yellow (or even red). The key is the color temperature. If you want warm, stay with 2700-3000 degK. Stark white is 5000 and above. I made the mistake of not paying attention and bought a box of 5000 degK bulbs that I can't use in any living spaces (unless I convert my house to a mortuary - then they'd be fine).

Its the colored bulbs that Mrs Glasgowjohn likes.....

"Colored" as in red, blue, green, or "colored" as in warm yellow vs. cold white? If the latter, see my note above. If the former, they do sell ribbon-lighting systems (not individual bulbs, afaik) of programmable multicolor lights. I have a couple of those I use for above-cabinet lighting - although I only set them to warm yellow, not christmas-tree variances.

Re what Mrs Glasgowjohn likes: only need two words - "Si, querida" or any of its multilingual equivalents.

Back