Lily64 Looking for a gym in Argentina

Lily64

Registered
Does anyone know of a good Gym in Argentina it could be Palermo, Belgrano o recolecta, something that is not that far from palermo,but with a reasonable price ....:rolleyes:

Have you looked at "Megatlon" gyms? I think there is one in or near Palermo. I go to the one in Canitas and absolutely love it! =)

I go to the Megatlyon at the R-Pena location. They are very nice and probably the most expensive. I'm on a monthly pass at 270 pesos per month. They see a gringo and they are ready to rape you. The Palermo location is their best location and probably the most expensive. A friend was quoted 350 pesos per month. These prices will come down if you sign up for 6-12 months in advance but you will pay more than the local porteno. A local porteno that I know pays 150 pesos per month on a one year contract.

Lily64 said:
Does anyone know of a good Gym in Argentina it could be Palermo, Belgrano o recolecta, something that is not that far from palermo,but with a reasonable price ....:rolleyes:

Hi there Lily, I just joined a gym called SportClub which has holdings all over. Depending on the kind of pass you buy you can use some or all of them. The one I go to is on Cabildo 1644, quite reasonable, and not all that expensive.

Hope this helps :)!

Selena

balle13112 said:
I go to the Megatlyon at the R-Pena location. They are very nice and probably the most expensive. I'm on a monthly pass at 270 pesos per month. They see a gringo and they are ready to rape you. The Palermo location is their best location and probably the most expensive. A friend was quoted 350 pesos per month. These prices will come down if you sign up for 6-12 months in advance but you will pay more than the local porteno. A local porteno that I know pays 150 pesos per month on a one year contract.

150 pesos per month? WOW! I"m going to ask around my gym and see what other people pay. That is very, very interesting.

Good luck on that one. I pulled in one of their trainers for some Spanish to English translations and I could tell he was embarrassed by how I was treated. I could tell he was a good guy and I asked his opinion of the pricings and he merely said "I'm a trainer and don't control the pricings'. Nevertheless, the gringo will be charged more, you just have to accept it as I did b/c I really liked the gym. i hear good things about Sportclub, Wellsport and one more that is kinda new that has a pool and aerobic classes outside that seem to be price competitive. I recommend you ask for the different plans (silver, gold, plat, etc) b/c you will be automatically signed up for the platinum one.

Sal - the porteno I know who pays that amount can only go to R-Pena and Belgrano locations - the older ones. Still, the prices we pay will be alot higher.

I go to the Well Club. I only use the gym part so I can't say anything about classes. But my location Arenales has spinning classes, yoga, pilates, and a pool. You can pay AR$140 for month-by-month membership or AR$345 for 3 months. I signed up for 3 months.

The Arenales location is in Palermo right off the Scalabrini Ortiz subte station on the D line.
http://www.wellclub.org/

Back