Living and working in Argentina

virginia.r

Registered
Hey guys! I am Argentinean, born and raised in Rosario, and after a lot of comings and goings my boyfriend, English, is gonna come mid September and we'll try settling here for a couple of years. I tried to get information from the Migraciones site, but found it quite useless and thought you guys would know best :)
- What would be the correct, law-abiding thing to do for him to look for a job (teaching English at first) and stay here longer than 6 months?
- Is there a "partner" visa he could apply for to be able to work and live here for some time? We met travelling in New Zealand, but have no evidence of us living together (definitely not for two years).

Thanks heaps in advance for your help, any any advice and/or useful websites to get info will be greatly appreciated :D
Buen finde!

It doesn't matter how long you've been traveling or living together. There's no visa which grants temporary residency based on cohabitation.

Based on what others have posted in the past year, the odds of getting a job teaching English that will result in getting temporary residency and a DNI are not favorable.

His best chance of staying legally for more than six months would be to marry you.

Yesterday I would have said that would "automatically" lead to permanent residency.

Today I'm not so sure.

As Dr. Rubilar (aka Bajo_cero2) has indicated, the immigration decree of 2017 is now being ignored by the courts (thanks to him), but migraciones appears to have the desire to continue to enforce it.

Back