Llamada Directa Telephone Cards

John Doe

Registered
The week before Christmas, I bought a telephone card. On Saturday afternoon, 24 December, I was unable to scratch off the coating on the card. I bought another card and was again unable to get the code numbers to appear, the the kiosk The man at the kiosko tried 3 more cards without any luck.
I visted 23 newstands and kioskos on my bicycle, between Cerrito and callao and between Santa Fe and Quintana. None of these places had any telephone cards.
I lucked out at the 24th on Libertad, off Santa Fe. I was able to use the card without any problem. Last night, the story was quite different. When I dialed 0822 etc. I got total silence. I tried several times.
Can I assume that the good folks at Telefonica have put a stop on the use of telephone cards on their landline phones?

The week before Christmas, I bought a telephone card. On Saturday afternoon, 24 December, I was unable to scratch off the coating on the card. I bought another card and was again unable to get the code numbers to appear, the the kiosk The man at the kiosko tried 3 more cards without any luck.
I visted 23 newstands and kioskos on my bicycle, between Cerrito and callao and between Santa Fe and Quintana. None of these places had any telephone cards.
I lucked out at the 24th on Libertad, off Santa Fe. I was able to use the card without any problem. Last night, the story was quite different. When I dialed 0822 etc. I got total silence. I tried several times.
Can I assume that the good folks at Telefonica have put a stop on the use of telephone cards on their landline phones?

I encountered the same problem with two cards I purchased around Christmas. A friend, however, helped salvage one of them for use, but only after I'd ruined the other one by angrily scraping away like a madman. Grrrrr!

FYI, I just did a test call of 0822...etc., and the number worked fine.

Use www.keepcalling.com, you can charge your account with as little as 2 bucks and you can use it from any reasonably big city in the world, it gives you a local dial number for te city, then you enter your pin and dial the number you want to reach, as simple as that. Can be used from any landline or cell phone. lowest rates you can ever get, no per call charges, no taxes, no BS. Have been using it for 10 years, no issues ever. Calling cards are medieval..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Services Offered 0
Back