Local health insurance

Rima

Registered
Hi, I am currently a permanent resident in Argentina and looking to enroll in local health insurance, what is your recommendation? I want to select the best quality option not necessarily the monthly cost.

Are you or an eligible family member subscribed to an obra social through an employer? If so, which one(s)? Some obras sociales are extremely good and compare very favourably against private health insurance.

Most people like OSDE, it's the most expensive but they have extensive coverage. I have Galeno, and when I was sick with COVID and extremely dehydrated requiring a trip to the Hospital Britanico ER I simply gave them my card and things were taken care of. I previously had OSECAC when I was working on contract here and it was awful.

My Wife and Daughter have Hospital Aleman. It’s been quite good, not sure how it compares on price to OSDE. You’re limited to the Hospital Aleman and a few doctors in their network but if you live locally shouldn’t be a problem. The hospital itself can get quite busy but I’m from the UK so maybe I’m used to waiting for things.

In no particular order Osde, Swiss Medical, Galeno, Medicus, Omint, H. Aleman, H. Italiano, Luis Pasteur are all very good. The rest sucks.

Are you or an eligible family member subscribed to an obra social through an employer? If so, which one(s)? Some obras sociales are extremely good and compare very favourably against private health insurance.
That's interesting. What obra social is better than private health insurance (e.g. OSDE, Swiss Medical)?

Back