locked inside my apartment....seriously

xohmyx

Registered
hi

yeah this is a stupid problem to have but its a problem none the less im actually locked insode my apartment, i have been jiggling the god damn key around in the door for about 3 hours on and off now and i cant get the effing thing open! i called the people who rented my apartment and the owman who answered the phone at the office basically said to keep trying or call a locksmith...as luck would have it there is a magnet on my fridge for a locksmith 'Cerrajeria - Alfredo' its gots the guys number and the adress is basically makes this guy my neighbour...how much do you think it will cost me to get his help?? the other problem is i only have about $200 pesos on me...:(

this is not exactly how i invisioned starting off my time in BsAs...

Did you rent from an agency? They really should send someone over to help you.

Do you have a doorman? (I'm assuming no but if you do, call downstairs and ask them to help).

If you call the locksmith, can you lower the key to them?

what part of town are you in? maybe someone here on the forum is nearby and can help. same thing happened to me except my wife was locked on the inside and I, outside. cost mucho pesos to fix but that was at night.

congratulations!! that's a cool way to start your life in buenos aires!!

call the cerrajero, if he works in the neighborhood and it turns to be an easy task, it should be less than 100 pesos.. but don't let this happen on Sundays or feriados!! then it would be much more money...

something like this happened to me in Berlin, and it was reeally expensive, so enjoy the cheap pesos and fix the lock happily.

post something when you are done :D

I'm glad I'm not the only Aussie who has strange problems in Buenos Aires :) lol But seriously - hope it all works out for you...

Can't someone contact your portero? At best, he might be able to get you out, at worst he might know a cheap local cerrajeria where they won't rip you off...

Back