locked out of my canadian online banking!

Actually, some financial institutions, and even governmental institutions, in the US and Canada DO block foreign calls and even online usage. I found, for instance, that I could not pay my Bellingham City taxes online from Argentina. The city itself blocks out of country online transactions. Too much spam and cons, I would guess. So it is quite possible that the bank in Canada is having foreign calls to its 800 number blocked.

A few years ago when I lived in Thailand a small bank in Florida blocked my online usage. After 20 years I had to quit doing business with them. It does happen.

• Almost all Google Voice calls to the U.S. and Canada are free when you're calling from the U.S.
  • Calls to a few places in the U.S. and Canada cost 1 cent per minute (USD), or the listed rate for your local currency
  • Calls to places outside the U.S. are at listed rates

When I call 1800 numbers from AR using Google voice it's free. Worst case, you put a few bucks credit on and call the bank. What's the big deal? It also solves another problem, you get a current US/Canada active number you can use in AR to receive security codes from banks, etc.

When I call 1800 numbers from AR using Google voice it's free. Worst case, you put a few bucks credit on and call the bank. What's the big deal? It also solves another problem, you get a current US/Canada active number you can use in AR to receive security codes from banks, etc.

ok great, then please tell me how to set it up! how do i download it on my phone? like i said, when i type "google voice" into google play on my phone it gives me a bunch of related results for download but nothing specific like Google Voice with that phone icon like i can see here on PC. i'd like that free call, yes, but adding credit implies having a credit card which i don't have. i'm still looking for a free solution.

A few years ago when I lived in Thailand a small bank in Florida blocked my online usage. After 20 years I had to quit doing business with them. It does happen.

i want to try all free options available before needing to beg someone for their credit card.

ok great, then please tell me how to set it up! how do i download it on my phone? like i said, when i type "google voice" into google play on my phone it gives me a bunch of related results for download but nothing specific like Google Voice with that phone icon like i can see here on PC. i'd like that free call, yes, but adding credit implies having a credit card which i don't have. i'm still looking for a free solution.
on your phone you can install google Hangouts to make/receive calls, receive texts...

So far I've been able to use Skype to phone my US banks for free or close to it.
To fix your current problem you might try to have someone in the US make a 3 way call.
The new number that you are planning to use will have to be a US number. If its a wireless number the carrier may close it if they detect that you live outside the US.

on your phone you can install google Hangouts to make/receive calls, receive texts...
alright, so i installed hangouts on my phone and now how do i call this number? 00 1 250-365-3325, this is my local bank branch in the province of british columbia. i typed the number but all it gives me is an option of "invitar" where is the calling option? sorry for my ignorance.

A monthly Skype account is very cheap and you can always cancel.

CIBC online I dialed this on skype and it connects for free.... 18004652422

Back