Looking for 2 BR Apt. in Palermo

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliacc

Registered
Hi! My friend and I are looking for a fully furnished 2BR apt. in the Palermo area. We will arrive in BA on Sept. 8th and plan on staying 6 months. We are looking for something around $1,000/mo and can put down a 3-month advance in cash upon move-in. Please contact me if you know of anything. Thanks!

Good luck finding something that size in that price range. It will be difficult...

I used "Just Owners" for a 2-bedroom in Palermo and thought the apartment and the owners were great. i rented their 2 bedroom Palermo Soho and they gave me a discount for 6 months. It's still a bit higher than your range, but you can't beat the location and amenities (pool, tennis, 24 hour security).

http://justowners.blogspot.com/

Just a question, when someone like this poster says "$1,000/mo" is it fair to assume they are talking Argentinean pesos? I would expect so, but just want to check. I'm sure they wouldn't automatically think everyone thinks in USD first (given that the forum is about Argentina, and lots of the forum members are from non-US countries) :)

BA Barrio Busquador said:
Just a question, when someone like this poster says "$1,000/mo" is it fair to assume they are talking Argentinean pesos? I would expect so, but just want to check. I'm sure they wouldn't automatically think everyone thinks in USD first (given that the forum is about Argentina, and lots of the forum members are from non-US countries) :)

I highly doubt they meant pesos. Where would you find a 2 bedroom furnished apartment for AR$1000. I'd love to see that.

We may be in Argentina & there may be lots of people from countries other than the US however in Argentine properties and temp rentals are quite often quoted in US$.

Short-term rentals are pretty exclusively quoted in USD. So I would assume that was the currency they were refering to. And finding a 2 BR furnished apt in Palermo in that price range won't be easy. 1000 pesos - ni en pedo!

I was talking about USD, not pesos. I have been searching for apts. on rental agency websites and have noticed that most of them are listed in USD and also noticed that most are listed around $1200-$1500. Has anyone ever had any luck finding apts. on Craigslist?

I personally have rented an apt from craigslist, directly from the owner. I would say that most listings on craigslist are from brokers (so you will have to pay a commsision to them).

You could check soloduenos.com.ar. I looked in Palermo for a 3 ambiente apt in your price range and they had 2 or 3 listed.

mini said:
I highly doubt they meant pesos. Where would you find a 2 bedroom furnished apartment for AR$1000. I'd love to see that.

We may be in Argentina & there may be lots of people from countries other than the US however in Argentine properties and temp rentals are quite often quoted in US$.

Do advertisers put "US$" first? Or do they put the price with a "$" and you just "know"? Properties to buy seem to either have "$" (pesos), or "US$".

I would like to know because this confuses me when looking at property.

Is it not politique to put "US$" if you are talking about USD?

If you are looking at classified ads on la nacion or clarins, they usually clearly mark U$S if prices quoted are in US Dollars. If it just has $, it's usually pesos. You can also search by price in pesos or dollars.

Same bet however is that 99% of alquiler temporal prices are going to be in USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back