Looking for a kitten and cat supplies

For others who may be looking:

I found two pet shops who carry a selection of beds, carriers, scratching posts, treats, toys, clothing, doggy doors, etc - stuff that isn't found in your normal neighborhood pet stores:
1) Sebastian pet shop: corner of Pueyrredon and French. Nice folks.
2) Centro Pet - Cordoba 1473. Also nice and helpful. Crowded store, but lots of stuff.

Also - there is a woman called Carola Marambio who has a business called Mörween - Cosa de Gatos. They build cat furniture (scratching posts / platforms / hideaways) to order. They don't have a physical store, and I couldn't find them on Mercado Libre.. but after tracking her down, she sent me their catalog by email. I'm happy to send it on to anyone, just send me a PM. It looks like nice stuff, I'll probably place an order soon.
Here are her contact details:
email: [email protected]
Tel: 4854-2844
Cel: 15 6450-0003

MacDaddy said:
any large pet shops that might sell cat supplies. We've noticed that BA is really a dog town – looking in Jumbo, Disco, Carrefour, Coto, Easy, and the small pet shops, we've mostly only found dog supplies. Things like scratching posts I have yet to find.

I have an 8 year old (ish) siamese that climbs on my face every night and puts holes in my clothes. Acts just like a kitten. Price: 3 liters of beer. It would be tough to deal with my girlfriend but I figure that after I drink the beer I'll be okay.

We finally found the cutest little kitten to adopt. There are fewer births this time of year compared to spring and summer, which is why it took a bit of searching. But they're out there, and they need homes.

It turned out to be surprisingly easy. In addition to the adoption agencies whose websites I listed above, there is a loose network of people who take in unwanted animals and bring them to the parks on the weekends for adoption. Here is where to go:

Parque Las Heras, late afternoon (around 3 - 6pm) on Saturdays, and I think Sundays too. I don't know exactly where in the park, but presumably you'll see puppies and kittens and possibly a sign. It's very informal.

Parque Centenario, same times, on Sundays for sure, sometimes on Saturdays too. They meet under the flagpole at Díaz Vélez. Sometimes it's just one person, sometimes more. You can browse the flea market while you're waiting. The people are really friendly, and if you see one you like, you can take it straight home. They just ask you a few questions, take your contact details to follow up, and make sure you know that the animals need shots, that you promise to spay/neuter, etc. They don't ask for any money.. it's amazing, they do all this just to make sure the animals go to a good home.

Here are the contact details of some of these folks. You can call them directly and ask if they have what you're looking for. Obviously your Spanish has to be pretty good, as none of them speak English:
Pablo: 15-6781-7278
Sandra: 4619-1074 or 15-6286-5728
Carola:
Nancy: 4484-3414 or 15-3664-2281
Emilce: 15-5481-7007

By the way, if you're worried about taking in a street cat because of disease or behavior or whatever, a lot of these kittens actually came from good homes. Despite his tiny age, ours turned out to already be litter trained!

Congrats on finding a kitten, and thanks for sharing the added resources. We adopted a street kitten and she is fantastic, used her litter box from the get-go. Enjoy your new ray of sunshine:)

Back