Looking for a nanny - Flexible hours

Baires7

Registered
Hi! I’m looking for a native English speaker who wants to work as a nanny to my 1 year old girl who was born in Australia. We’re living in Argentina now (my husband and I were born here) and would like for our daughter to be exposed to English language regularly.

Hours are flexible, as we both work from home. Happy to discuss :)

If you want quality replies, you'll need to post a quality job description; I speak from over a decade of experience hiring people for various roles around the world, and there are some major gaps such as:
  • How much will you be paying? And is it in dollars or pesos? (Jobs that don't list their salary ranges are often redflags, plus is the job en blanco or negro, and if not en negro, you'll need to specify if the person should be a monotributista or dependency relationship)
  • What part of the country? You're in Argentina now, cool, but we have 23 provinces + CABA, and if in CABA you'll need to specify which neighborhood
  • Does it require a vehicle? And if so, do you have parking?
  • What expectations are there? Cooking, cleaning, teaching too, etc? or just babysitting? The more details you share, the more time you'll save yourself and others. What's a nanny to you may be very different to others
  • "Hours are flexible" is very vague, you should give an average number of hours per week, at the very least, along with general time(s) of day

Thank you for your comment!

Here is some more info:

Salary can be in pesos or dollars and will be decided together with the successful applicant, depending on experience, expectations, number of hours per week, etc.
Ideally, we would like to have someone 'en blanco' and as a dependency relationship, as that is what we believe everyone deserves. If, for some reason, the nanny prefers to work 'en negro' or as monotributista, then we are happy to discuss those kinds of arrangements as well.
We are based in Buenos Aires. Not in CABA but in the southern suburbs, with very easy access from CABA (we live very close to a train station and bus stops).
The nanny does not require a vehicle. Driving is not a part of this job.
The main expectation is that the nanny can entertain our daughter, feed her, change her and play with her. Other tasks such as light meal prep for our baby are ideal but not exclusive.
~Hours are flexible~ in this case means exactly that: we're open to someone who can only work only 8 hours a week on a certain day, as well as to someone who prefers to work several hours four times a week. My husband and I have very flexible hours and therefore we are happy to be as flexible as possible if we find the right person for the job. The more hours/days the better, but we're happy to have two different nannies as well. The most important thing is that they are great with kids and that they can speak to them in native English at least for a few hours a week, while we work.

Back