looking for a running partner

diosaarenosa

Registered
i have been back in the country a week and itching to get back on track with my running. i am a 29 year old anglo-argie girl living in montserrat.

towards the end of last year i was running in london 4 x a week for 1.15 minutes with sprint finish. i am a bit rusty but would be looking to run several times a week starting out for maybe 30-40 minutes and working up.
i run at an average pace.

i am already going to gym classes and walking minimum 2 hours a day so relatively fit.

preferably a girl but would not discount a male running partner.

look forward to hearing from you.

vanessa

diosaarenosa

Registered
just been for a 40 minute run on my own, even at 9pm there's little respite from the humidity.

i can understand you all thinking me bonkers given the stifling heat but don't be shy, there must be someone out there up for the challenge who would accompany me a few times a week, perhaps early mornings?

esllou

Registered
I run in Recoleta 2-3 times a week, usually for half an hour, always at sunset or just after. I posted a message looking for recoleta partners, but no luck. :(

orwellian

Registered
I never really understood the concept of a running partner as it's hard to speak when you're jogging. I always go jogging with my dog and my mp3 player.

diosaarenosa

Registered
interesting. i made the most progress when i began running with my previous running partner. they say that the optimum running speed is one that you can sustain and still maintain a conversation. we used to talk continuously for the whole hour + we ran and never had any problems, if anything, it regulated our breathing and was a pleasant distraction from the task in hand.

you want to run with someone or happy to continue on your solo missions?

pez

Registered
I am trying to form a running club, so far just me and the occasional friend but all are welcome

Days - Tuesday and Thursdays
Time = 8am
Where - Plaza Italia
Distance - 5 - 8km (a few different routes we can take)

Day - Saturday (or Sunday if weather is terrible)
Time - 9am
where - Costanera Sur...Ecological park
Distance - 8 - 16km (join in for one or two loops of the park)

PM if you want to join any of the above.

LVT

Registered
Hi Vanessa,
I'm really interested in starting running with a partner again. I just moved here from San Francisco three months ago and need some more motivation. I use to run with a few friends a lot.
Let me know if you are up for it.
Lourika