Looking for advice on Spanish Schools

I agree Mundo Espanol is an AMAZING experience! I bought 80 hours, but only used 40. I am going back to the US soon and will offer you my additional 40 hours. I spoke with Mundo Espanol and they said it was alright for me to offer to a friend. =)

Please let me know what you are looking for, and hopefully we can work something out! =)

John

I agree about trying to find a Spanish teacher. I used Adriana Crom, who is highly recommended over and over again on this forum. It cost less than a school and took half the time to get what I needed from our classes. Good luck.

I am at Ibero Spanish like Intrepid and am having a great time there. Have been here in BsAs for 4 month almost learning nothing, hanging around with fellow exchange students speaking English most of the time, went there and now after 2 weeks I'm able to express myself quite well, only need to learn more vocabular so I don't run out of words so often, but that problem is just because I'm lazy when it comes to learning stuff by heart. After the 2 Weeks I know I'm certainly able to use every voc I learn properly in past, future and present.
Unfortunately they increased prices with the ending of the year, but well, that's normal here and you cannot blame them I guess, especially because they were (and probably still are, haven't checked that again) the cheapest of the bigger schools here even though the don't use the official exchange rate but 1us$:5.6ar$

I had also some private lessons at Grammarama Spanish, unfortunately I wasn't really happy there. She was very flexible with the times which was the most important for me and the prices were absolutely affordable for private lessons but unfortunately the lessons seemed to me often unorganized and she had at least one time per lesson difficulties in understanding my English - which is imho pretty good (m english, not that she didn't get it ;-) ). I would only recommend her to people who already speak at least basic Spanish and want to improve in a certain aspect with an Argentine mothertongue.

Hey, everyone! Thank you all so much for your answers!
Well, as you may notice, I've decided to stayed longer than 6 months. I've chosen El Pasaje Spanish and I'm very happy with it. They are trully amazing people.
BTW, I've heard Ibero Spanish closed... I passed by their door the other day and no-one was there... they kept updating their Facebook page, though.... does anyone know anything about thisS?

Hey, everyone! Thank you all so much for your answers!
Well, as you may notice, I've decided to stayed longer than 6 months. I've chosen El Pasaje Spanish and I'm very happy with it. They are trully amazing people.
BTW, I've heard Ibero Spanish closed... I passed by their door the other day and no-one was there... they kept updating their Facebook page, though.... does anyone know anything about thisS?

Hadn't heard but wouldn't surprise me. I went there for the first time for a cpl of weeks in 2010, then again in mid 2011 and by the last time it was terrible. Lack of teachers, people coming and going each day, the classrooms are small and too many were packed in, people being put in to classes not consistent with their levels (due to lack of classes), average teachers etc etc.

Back