looking for an apartment for 3 to 4 weeks

trevorgooden

Registered
My family of four is traveling to Argentina for 3 weeks or more this coming May. We would like to find a flat in a nice neighborhood that is safe. Palermo and Retiro is what everyone tells me, but I also heard that Porto Madero has some real modern units with gyms and pools and parks. We will spend most of our vacation in Buenos Aires, but probably take a trip or two to some of the hotspots.

If there are any recommendations of where to try to find a temporary rental bedsides Google, please email me.

Definitely NOT !!!!! Retiro!!

We have a beautiful 3BR house in Palermo Soho which we are renting in May. I cannot email you because there is no email address. You are not set up for PM so I cannot contact you but you can PM me for details.

i am as well searching for 4 weeks in Palermo and it is quite difficult. Most landlords prefer to rent for 3 months min.

You want to avoid the Retiro area close to Villa 31. Villa 31 is the dangerous shantytown right in the middle of the city... it's pretty extensive, but you'll want to stay away from it and the surrounding parks and areas. :)

I've found that most temporary rentals are done through online agencies... we tried finding a real estate office on the street of the area we wanted to rent from and none offered temporary furnished apartments. They generally don't let you shop around on foot either. :rolleyes:

If you don't have the luxury of being able to drive around and seeing the area before renting, I'd suggest that before booking anything you ask here or elsewhere about the intersection you're thinking of renting from. Many people here are familiar with the city and can tell you the good and the bad. While Palermo and Recoleta are both generally safe, there are some areas better than others. :) The condition of the apartment is another matter, since booking online is a bit of a crapshoot. :p

Hope it all works out for you!

Back