Looking for Apt! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you use a website? My argentine boyfriend and I are looking for the same without a garantia as he´s from cordoba and a garantia from there doesn´t count..

Thanks!!

Great news...I'm sure lots of landlords are willing to rent to an expat without the garantia, so not that surprised.

Usually you only need a garantia for an unfurnished, two year lease. Furnished shoert term eases tend to charge a lot more and forego the garantia. I'm still curious as to where she found the place (online or otherwise).

chicago_karl said:
How is your search coming, I'm moving in on the 29th and myself and a friend will be looking for the same, but really online from the states I feel like they are...well they ARE trying to take advantage of the American Dollar.

They are not taking advantage of the dollar, there is something called 30% annual inflation in this country so prices go up drastically every year

CarverFan said:
I saw one for ARS$1500 in recoleta but with guarantia. The reason I post this is that they are asking for 7% extra per semester in the contract. "Se firma contrato con el 7% de incremento semestral". Is this usual and how many semesters in the year???

It's to come up with inflation rate. Very common, 2 semesters per year

it is a temporary rent - so i didnt need a garantia, and i only have 6mo renewable lease. i found it on craigslist. i had almost given up looking there because of all the crap you have to dig through, but I found it there, just check a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back