Looking for Experienced and Certified Native English Teacher

allcraz

Registered
I am looking for a native, TEFL or CELTA certified, experienced and responsible English teacher here through December who would be interested in the following:

When? 9:30 to 1:30 Tuesdays and Thursdays starting April 10th
Where? in-company classes near Tribunales (Libertad y Córdoba)
Who? 4 one-hour group classes - Elem, Pre Elem, Intermediate, and Upper Intermediate (knowledge of Spanish is very helpful and preferred for the lower levels)
How much? $40 pesos per hour

All students will be following a book and the teaching material is provided. You should be able to take a CD player, laptop, MP3, etc in order to do listening exercises.

If interested, please send your résumé to allison "at" globaldialects "dot" com "dot" ar.

Thank you!

Nothing against the poster at all, but I really feel that $40 an hour is horribly low for an in-company english class taught by a native english speaker. Is this still the going rate in BA for english teacher pay at an institute?

I live in Cordoba, and this year, Argentine english teachers that teach in company are earning from $60-85 pesos per hour. Native teachers can earn even more.

$40 pesos an hour? I would ask for a freakin' raise, that's all I'm saying.

Thank you for your input. Yes, $40 is still a common wage in BsAs when working through institutes, and the fact that it might seem low could possibly be offset by the fact that it is a 4 hour block of classes twice a week which is very difficult to come by for teachers. Normally they are teaching 2 hours here, 1.5 hours there, 1 hour over there, etc. So you can't just look at the fee per hour. You have to look at the total pay per month vs. the amount of hours spent. And since my inbox has been receiving résumés all day, I suppose it's not that crazy. I know you said "nothing against the poster," and I'm not taking it personally, but I have taught English in BsAs for 5 years and I know that tons of teachers would be happy to have this schedule and the monthly pay it will total to for 8 hours a week.

40pesos? really? i teach for 90 pesos an hour! thank god, i'm a freelancer!

40 pesos is very low, everyone i know who teaches english is getting about double that now...

Guys, thanks for your input, really. But we are talking about 2 separate things. These are classes through an institute. No one is making $80 or $90 pesos per hour through an institute in BsAs. I'm very happy for you if work freelance and/or know people who teach privately. That's great. I'm sure anyone who takes this job will eventually be able to do the same or even do so on the side. Until then, they will enjoy a secure block of classes for 8 months and zero cancellations which means that they will make on average a guaranteed $1350 pesos per month for an 8-hour per week job. If it doesn't suit you, you need not apply. It's a known fact that those teaching privately or freelance can charge at least twice as much as an institute. It's always been that way, and that won't ever change.

Back