Looking for good Dentist/Optometrist

Bron

Registered
Anybody have any suggestions for a dentist or optometrist? I live in Balvanera, near Plaza Miserere. Gracias!
Bron
p.s. apparently I've been here so long that it took me 35 seconds to remember how to spell "optometrist." My English is fleeting...

I have had several dentists, but finally found Dr. Eduardo Di Croce two years ago, the best I've had in BsAs.
Office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoon. He attends OSDE and answers his own phone for appointments.
Av. Entre Rios 738 2A (between Chile and Independencia in Balvanera)
4382 2738

My opthamologist (more than an optometrist) since 2001 has been Dr. Daniel Scorsetti. He attends OSDE plans. A private consultation is 200 pesos.
Ayacucho 1342 2nd floor in Recoleta
4806 8060/61

My dentist for the past 3 years has been Dr. Carlos Maria Condomi Alcorta on Av. Sante Fe, Capital Federal (4811-9353). He also has an office in La Plata and Pilar. I am returning in two weeks to have more dental work done in addition to enjoying everything wonderful about BA.

jantango said:
My opthamologist (more than an optometrist) since 2001 has been Dr. Daniel Scorsetti. He attends OSDE plans. A private consultation is 200 pesos.
Ayacucho 1342 2nd floor in Recoleta
4806 8060/61

I've just had a terrible experience with Scorsetti. I had a bad stye that needed to be removed. Following frustrating experiences with urgent care (this one was not going away on its own) I went to Scorsetti. I received a complete eye exam (that I did not need; included in the $300 peso fee). After the exam was conducted by his assistants, I saw Scorsetti, who said I could either wait longer (it had been 3 weeks, long after most would suggest removing it) or remove it. He then said he would charge me u$1500! for the pleasure. (I'm on a US insurance plan, so will get some reimbursed). After verifying that this was highway robbery, i decided on principle not to receive care from a thief. I would advise all to avoid Scorsetti.

I managed (admittedly with a personal connection) to see a much more qualified opthamologist at hospital Austral (in Pilar) and had the procedure done for half the price (my connection got me access, not a discount). The doctor at Austral was much more competent and I received excellent care.

Back