Looking for internship in BA, March-June

chicainglesa

Registered
Hi all,

I am a 20 year old girl from University College London currently studying here in BA on my year abroad, I have been here for nearly 4 months now and loving it although when I return for my second semester I am very interested in finding an internship instead/as well as my studies. I am really interested in journalism and writing, I have my own blog and write for my university newspaper and would love to be able to work in journalism here if possible, I would love the chance to use my Spanish in a different environment. I have a good level of spoken and written Spanish and have had previous office experience, and I am very keen to learn! Any advice/opportunities would be most welcome.

Gracias!

If I were you I would contact the newspapers directly, ask for Human Resources and talk to them about the possibility of an internship during that period,

Also foreign newspapers /tv/radio stations/press agencies with offices or correspodents here
(bbc, cnn, reuters, etc...) and tal to them to see the possibilities.
The Argentine British Chamber of Commerce regularly takes interns from Bath University doing a semester abroad, you could contact them also.

good luck!

If you wouldn't mind working for an English speaking publication, you could try contacting the folks at the Buenos Aires Herald newspaper or Time Out Buenos Aires magazine. If I'm not mistaken, they usually require that candidates for jobs/internships have fairly good Spanish skills to work for them, but if you are looking for a 100% immersion experience it might not be what you are looking for.

I came here for my year abroad at UCL too! Ten years later...
I don't think anyone mentioned the Argentine Independent. I think they take interns. As far as I'm aware, a lot of the main UK/US publications just have stringers in Argentina. The Herald is one to try, as is Time Out BA.

Cnn´s parent company Turner International has over 800 employees in Argentina.
http://www.turnerargentina.com/

Reuters has offices downtown

Madero 940 piso 24 Tel: -4318-0600

Al jazeera I believe also has offices not sure where (headed by Lucia Newman ex-cnn)

UCL in the UK is equivalent to an Ivy League University in the US, so you shouldnt have trouble obtaining an internship somewhere :)

best of luck

Back