Looking for jobs

realitysucks

Registered
Hi everyone,

I just moved to Buenos Aires last month with my husband. I'm not going to get into all of that... I could go on for days. ;)

Basically, my issue is that I'm looking for jobs. Without knowing Spanish, I am in a bind. On top of that, there just aren't a lot of decent opportunities out there! So, I've been reading some stuff on the net, and I'm looking into work at home jobs. There are so many scam sites out there... I was wondering if anyone here knew of any sites with legitimate telecommute listings? Even better, does anyone here actually telecommute for any U.S. companies? Any advice on this?

Many thanks!

I don't know your experience/profession but I agree it is very difficult to find work in the city. I have heard a few good things about odesk.com as a way to do work from home and get paid online. Sorry I don't have any better ideas.

Good Luck

Legitimate telecommute offers? Ha, really.. Good luck. There are several out there, but I think you have to get through all of the junk/scams first. Not easy to do...

I had a short gig telecommuting. I think it works great if both the employee and the employer are organized people. My employer was dreadfully unorganized.

As I said in another thread, I've known a few other people in BA to telecommute. I know one woman who used to post here quite frequently, and she telecommuted from BA quite successfully for several months.

Anyway, here are some sites that I used to find jobs:

www.craigslist.com - tons of jobs, but also tons of scams. If the job offer doesn't list the hiring manager or a website, I wouldn't even bother.

www.telecommutejoblist.com - They take all of the jobs from craigslist that are marked as "telecommute" and post them to the site. Helpful, but there are a lot of jobs that get marked as "telecommute" that aren't telecommute.

www.newtelecommutejoblist.com - Similar to the site just above, but they actually review every ad before they get posted for legitimacy.

www.monster.com OR www.careerbuilder.com - A few telecommute jobs here and there..

----

Good luck!

I do telecommute for both an Israeli & US company, doing translations.
And it seems it's a good way making money.

But well, translations are quite specific.

Did you try eLance, oDesk and such sites ? Furthermore it's damn easy to cash since they send you a payoneer MC.

Best of luck but moving to B.A. with the expectation of finding a job is probably not the best of plans, unless you have some pretty specific skills usually language or technical. These opportunities are generally with companies/organizations not located in Argentina and can accomplished via a keyboard and you can do the work from any location in the world as long as you have an internet connection. If you don't fit in this category you should enjoy your B.A. trip as a vacation with the idea you will probably have to return home when your money runs low.

Back