Looking To Buy An Apt In Buenos Aires

MatiArg

Registered
Hello!

I am looking to buy an apartment in Buenos Aires preferably in the Palermo, Nunez, Belgrano, Barrio Norte, Recoleta areas. I have been renting for over 4 years and would like to purchase something. The issue i have is that my bank account is in the USA. The easiest way to purchase would be by transferring money directly to another US bank account payed in US dollars. For those who purchased here, how did you do it, any suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

thanks!

Mati, I don't know exactly how the current situation looks like, but I'm pretty sure the laws regarding property sales changed recently, so it might not be as easy as it was before to do a transfer using US bank accounts - and older information you might find on this topic could be outdated. I'd start by talking to one of the real estate agents which have offers you are interested in and check out your payment options.

Thanks Thorsten! My idea is to buy off an expat or local willing to sell their apartment in BA and receive payment directly into their US account.

Maybe this article helps to get an overview:

http://whoswholegal.com/news/features/article/29862/an-overview-real-estate-transactions-argentina/

Hello Mati,

Thorsten is offering good advice. Find a broker who has clients willing to receive payment outside the country. I am an American working in the area of real estate and would be most happy to assist you in your search for an apt.

You mentioned the areas you would consider...but to further assist you, I would also need to know what size apt or house you would be interested in, number of bedrooms, in what price range....

Please contact me at [email protected]. I would love to invite for a coffee.

Back