Looking To Make Some Friends

Linda

Registered
Hi All,

My name is Linda, I'm 39 years old and from NYC. My mother lives here in Argentina so I'm a frequent visitor. I would love to make some friends, if anyone would like to hang out or chat, feel free to post or send a message.

A little bit about me: I have all sorts of interests like learning about other cultures, geopolitics, cooking....just to name a few. I'm also an enthusiastic swim/bike/run/Crossfit geek.

sooooo....happy New Year to you all and am looking forward to getting together with some of you expats.

Hi Linda, welcome. Are you living here now or just here for the holidays? There are plenty of cyclists enthusiasts here and many places to take Crossfit classes too. I used to be from NYC and planning on returning next year.

Hi nlaruccia,
Thanks for your reply.
This trip I'm here until the end of January. I'll probably be back again in July and August.
As for the cycling, Parque Sarmiento has tons of cyclists doing the 10k circuit, around and around on weekends. I enjoy it very much.
There's been an explosion of Crossfit gyms all across Buenos Aires. About a year or two ago I had to travel to Nuñez from Belgrano to take a class. Now there are at least 3 within a very short walking distance.

How long have you been living here in Argentina? Are you happy to be returning to NYC? Feel free to PM me if you don't feel like airing personal info on the boards.

I train in Parque Sarmiento Sunday mornings. It's a great park for road bikes and it's one of the only safe places to train outdoors. Or there's KDT. Anyway, if you want to train with me in Parque Sarmiento when you get her just let me know. The only bad thing is because it's so hot you have to go really early in the morning.

This Facebook page might interest you: Ciclistas y Triatletas del Parque Sarmiento. I used to mountain bike and I can tell you there are a lot of organized weekends in Capilla del Senior during the summer that are a lot of fun for around $160 to $190 pesos for a day or whole weekends in Tandil.

http://www.biketrekg...salida_fecha=60

http://www.btt.com.a...la-seNor-zarate

I think Megatlon in Villa Crespo has Crossfit classes, but if you're in Nunez than Belgrano is much closer to you. I've been here for thirteen years. My family is Argentine, and yes yes yes I miss NYC. The cons of living here have begun to outweigh the pros. What part of NYC are you from?

I was riding at Parque Sarmiento yesterday! Got in a good 30 miles. I love riding that circuit because you can always join a peloton with a fast group and then break off if you need a rest. Maybe we can meet up over there next Sunday!

The cyclotourism websites you posted look like a lot of fun! Sounds like something fun to do with a bunch of friends.

I'm from Brooklyn but have been living on Long Island for the past 15 or so years. Where are you headed to in NYC?

I was in Parque Sarmiento too, about 9:30am. Any later and it's too hot and too many pelatons. We probably passed each other without realizing it. Here are some photos of the typical salidas in bici en Tandil or Senior de la Capilla that I was on. The last photo is of my bike. It's the only black and white one in Parque Sarmiento.

So I'm heading for NYC but I'm looking for any place that's affordable. LOL. I used to rent a studio next to the UN for $1,500. Now a shared bedroom costs that much.

DSC06925.jpg
DSC06954.jpg
IMG00224_20110503_1200.jpg

The photos look really nice. I see that there's a ride coming up January 3rd. Don't know if I can round up people with such short notice.

As far as the apartment in NYC....Have you checked craigslist or airbnb?

Back