Losing My Bs As Virginity

sheawj

Registered
Last night my cell phone was taken right out of my hand by a passing bicycle less than a block away from my house (in a relatively safe neighborhood in the province).
A porteño coworker said today, "Now you are one of us!"

Go me! :rolleyes:

Lee said:
What kind of cell phone was it?

It wasn´t too expensive. It was one of those Chinese iPhones. It probably looked real from a distance. Normally it is "safely" in my bag, but I took it out apparently at the wrong time and when my guard was down.

Those phones are so weird and they are really difficult to find goodies for. I do not think the punk will be able to get earbuds nor even a charger for it. The battery was low, so as of now it is most likely totally dead and he won´t be able to use it.

Lee said:
OK...well no big loose (except for your trauma and data loss).

Since you have a sense of humor about it I am guessing you don't have much trauma to deal with! Get a new cell and card and call away!

Yeah, I was more amused and slightly miffed at the latest inconvenience than freaked out.

Enjoy your weekend as well!

its true evey time i go out i think which card do i really need and what i can loose today and not be affected by it manana!

Yeah on the topic of phones you really should use a phone here which you are ready to loose. Happens all the time. I was quite proud of using my smartphone all the time without having it snatched. Than, when it was in my pocket I crossed a dark underpass and 2 drug junkies robbed it from me. Obviously no viable precaution helps against that. Somehow they always get you. Then I laugh at crime comparisons that say that NY or Toronto would be more dangerous. I don't live there but I can't imagine that it is normal (also for locals) to get 1-2 cell phones snatched or robbed each year in those two cities. If somebody finds a place with the relaxed lifestyle of Argentina and the security of north america (but preferibly without the state reading my e-mail, terrorism craze, etc.) please tell me about it.

I didn't know they were using bicycles. Looks like they're feeling too confident.

Hache said:
I didn't know they were using bicycles. Looks like they're feeling too confident.

My family and friends here were sharing their cell phone-snatching stories, and all of them had people just do it on the bus or walking on the street next to them. However, it seems the bicycle thing is pretty common.

Back