Losing Residency

Fettucini

Registered
Hi,
Was wondering if anybody knows about this, if a foreigner with permanent residency DNI in Argentina leaves the country for say 18 months, will they lose their permanent residency status/ DNI in Argentina?
Also, if one is to get residency in another country over that time, would they automatically lose their Argentine permanent residency/ DNI status?

Was wondering if anybody knows about this, if a foreigner with permanent residency DNI in Argentina leaves the country for say 18 months, will they lose their permanent residency status/ DNI in Argentina?

No, You only have to set foot on Argentine soil once every two years.

Also, if one is to get residency in another country over that time, would they automatically lose their Argentine permanent residency/ DNI status?

I've never heard of such a condition. Once you have permanent residency in Argentina you shouldn't have to return to migraciones for any reason that I can think of at the moment.

PS: Even if you did and even if there was, why would you tell them?

No, You only have to set foot on Argentine soil once every two years.

I've never heard of such a condition. Once you have permanent residency in Argentina you shouldn't have to return to migraciones for any reason that I can think of at the moment.

PS: Even if you did and even if there was, why would you tell them?

Considering travelling for a while but it's beneficial keeping Argentine residency for property ownership.
Wouldn't actively tell them in either case but just wanted to be sure that migrations wouldn't revoke permanent residency.

Hi,

The medieval requirements of allegiancé are not valid here. So, if nobody cares if you have dual citizenship, they care even less about your second residency status.

The medieval requirements of allegiancé are not valid here. So, if nobody cares if you have dual citizenship, they care even less about your second residency status.
Going back to this, I understand that you only lose your DNI/ residency status if you stay more than two years outside Argentina.
If you've registered as a tax payer in another country during that time and living there, are you still required to pay tax in Argentina?
What I'm trying to say is can you keep your Argentine DNI permanent residency as a foreigner but not be a tax resident there?

As a property owner in Argentina it would be beneficial to hold onto the DNI even if not living there. Especially when it comes to selling the property in the future, as without a DNI selling is much more complicated as I remember from past experience.

You need to be here 6 months and 1 day to be taxable for income tax and personal taxes in general. However, taxes based on real estate pay tax because the assets are here.

Back