Losing when sending Dollars to Argentina ?

To bypass your local Canadian regulators you could (as I did) open a PAYPAL account and wire money to yourself using XOOM. You will collect pesos at any MORE GIROS office in BAS (and there are many) at a reasonably rate.
Thanks so much for your thoughts. I have no problems with Canadian regulators. The problem is with my bank in Argentina not allowing me to deposit money into my own account. As I have no connections with US, I cannot use XOOM. Thanks for the info, though.

The problem is with my bank in Argentina not allowing me to deposit money into my own account. As I have no connections with US, I cannot use XOOM. Thanks for the info, though.
Use crypto currency. Buy in Canada (not sure if Coinbase operates on Canada) then send crypto currency to your local ripio.com account. There you sell it for ARS and transfer it to your bank account (it is a local Arg-to-Arg bank transfer with no forms to fill out at your Argentinian bank).

Use crypto currency. Buy in Canada (not sure if Coinbase operates on Canada) then send crypto currency to your local ripio.com account. There you sell it for ARS and transfer it to your bank account (it is a local Arg-to-Arg bank transfer with no forms to fill out at your Argentinian bank).

can you do this with an extranjero DNI? I tried satoshitango and couldn't ever get it to work.

can you do this with an extranjero DNI? I tried satoshitango and couldn't ever get it to work.
I am not sure. When I opened the ripio account I already had Argentinian citizenship. They say requirement is "residente de Argentinia, mayor de 18 años". Nothing about citizenship. Might be worth a try ...

I can't get through the validation procedure with Coinbase.

Thank you. That might be work, as long as the money I want to deposit to my account is not shown as coming from me.

I can't get through the validation procedure with Coinbase.
Maybe give Gemini a try? They are a bit more relaxed when it comes to the accepted documents for verification. Also they often seem to have a slightly better rate.

Maybe give Gemini a try? They are a bit more relaxed when it comes to the accepted documents for verification. Also they often seem to have a slightly better rate.

OK, I will check it out, and thanks for the suggestion. TBH, I am still expecting BTC to take one more deep dive.

OK, I will check it out, and thanks for the suggestion. TBH, I am still expecting BTC to take one more deep dive.
You could use DAI (pegged to the dollar) instead of BTC to avoid the risk from BTC taking a dive. Both Gemini and Ripio have it.

Back