Love North Americans?

DA said:
Good reasons to love North Americans.

I am sure there are plenty more reasons so if you know of any post them here please.

Welfare/Warfare aside, I believe people around the World love North Americans for what North Americans have done in their own interest:

- Array of Inventions. Everybody thanks (implicitly or explicitly) the US for "creating" but rather for liberating the Internet for civil use. We can add the plane, the tungsten lightbulb, many vaccines, and I'm sure you can think of a couple more inventions.

- Capitalism. What's an invention if it can't reach the public at an affordable price?

and most importantly, probably the cause of the aforementioned examples:

- The Institutionalized, Constitutional Right to pursue your own god damn happiness (not the tribe, the gods, all humankind, or the environment, but yours). Even people outside America benefit enormously for having one nation in this planet that is founded on that fundamental principle. It exerts a most powerful force of peaceful resistance that slowly has elevated the freedom and standard of living of people from China to Peru.

"God" Bless America!

Reactions: ssr
bradlyhale said:
Exactly. Have the world powers ever wielded their strength responsibly?

The Brits were acting the same way when they were top dog (well, almost, since they didn't quite have the sway the USA later achieved). The top dog makes and breaks the rules arbitrarily. Might makes right. The weak have no recourse but to express "moral outrage." Power that is not arbitrary is not real power.

Back