Lunch In La Boca

Take a cab. Myself and two friends were mugged walking those three blocks on our way back to El Caminito after our lovely lunch. We took a cab there, but thought, "well, it's just three blocks, what could happen?" The answer - my friends were physically assaulted, pushed up against brick wall by a pair of 15 year olds, threatened, hit, purses stollen, and were very rattled. I saw it coming and ran, the guys didn't catch me, por suerte, but I saw the attack on my friends, and I felt horrible that I couldn't help them.

Bottom line - better safe than sorry.

PPS. My husband is from a different part of La Boca, and he told me not to walk to or from El Obrero. I wish we had listened.

I've walked to El Obrero, but would be very circumspect about doing so at night, and would choose my route carefully in the daytime. That said, it's a delightful place.

Because of the work Macri did in La Boca due to the floodings, that he didnt start but continue, and because of it strategical location in the city, with the Riachuelo, strong gentrification process going on, the poroximity to Microcentro, etc, someone told me La Boca (and Barracas!) is the next Puerto Madero. It has the potential to become the niciest zone in the city once you relocate the factories and clean the Riachuelo.

Back