Luxury cars in Buenos Aires

How much is a base porsche 911 here? In Los Angeles it is pretty common for your average single male doctor to lease one for $700-$1000 a month or so.

For the money, rich people can live very well in Argentina. Gigantic apartments in Recoleta are a tiny fraction of a similar place in Paris or NYC. Beach Houses in Uruguay, Estancias in the Provincia- the lifestyle is hard to match in more "civilized" places for ten times the budget. Most of the really rich people in Argentina come from families that have been rich a long time, and they are pretty rooted here. They also own things that need feeding and minding, like the telephone companies, agribusiness, vinyards, the newspapers and TV stations, the electrical utilities, and so on.

Mainly, though, Argentines LIKE Argentina. Even the wealthy ones in the USA dream about moving back someday.

When I look at apartment prices in la capi, seems pretty expensive. A fairly old, average looking apartment in Palermo can run $500k-$600k. Sure it is less expensive than NY or LA, but it is by no means a "steal." A $1MM condo in Puerto Madero, from what I've seen, looks pretty average and dated.

For the money, rich people can live very well in Argentina. Gigantic apartments in Recoleta are a tiny fraction of a similar place in Paris or NYC. Beach Houses in Uruguay, Estancias in the Provincia- the lifestyle is hard to match in more "civilized" places for ten times the budget. Most of the really rich people in Argentina come from families that have been rich a long time, and they are pretty rooted here. They also own things that need feeding and minding, like the telephone companies, agribusiness, vinyards, the newspapers and TV stations, the electrical utilities, and so on.

Mainly, though, Argentines LIKE Argentina. Even the wealthy ones in the USA dream about moving back someday.

There is a limit to what you can do with your money in Argentina because there isn't as much to buy here. To take an extreme example, a billionaire or a super athlete that likes to ball out would have a hard time doing so in Buenos Aires, but it is easy to burn through millions every month in Paris or Miami.

Here are the prices.

$700-$1000 a month roughly leases you an Audi here. I don’t think Porsche even offers leasing in Argentina.

Btw many drivers of Audi’s and Mercedes Benzes here do actually lease - that way you avoid wealth tax.

Attachments

• 618750D2-A43C-42D0-BE02-473BC6A0CC16.jpeg
    618750D2-A43C-42D0-BE02-473BC6A0CC16.jpeg
    624.4 KB · Views: 5

Here are the prices.

$700-$1000 a month roughly leases you an Audi here. I don’t think Porsche even offers leasing in Argentina.

Btw many drivers of Audi’s and Mercedes Benzes here do actually lease - that way you avoid wealth tax.
Interesting, I had no idea you could even lease here. Maybe that is how my mother in law affords her new 7 series (kidding!!!)

Here are the prices.

Whar prices are those? Says USD but no way in hell those are USD sale prices.

There is a limit to what you can do with your money in Argentina because there isn't as much to buy here. To take an extreme example, a billionaire or a super athlete that likes to ball out would have a hard time doing so in Buenos Aires, but it is easy to burn through millions every month in Paris or Miami.
The single best thing one can do with money is live well. OBVIOUSLY!

But, to an extent, simply not having to work and having leisure time, at least to me, is a sure sign of wealth. And I am not sure you need a lot of money to live this way, just enough to afford your lifestyle, then do nothing.

My point:

A lot more of us could be wealthy, if we could curb the wanting of un necessary things.

Why spend every waking moment trying to earn money that will be spent on keeping you a prisoner to the man and the system?

JMHO.

One of the benefits of living in CABA is NOT needing a car. Taxis are plentiful, clean and cheap. Good enough for me! In fact, I have a 94 Mercedes E320 Cabriolet collecting dust in USA, in case anyone is interested.

Look on autos.com.ar for prices for used luxury cars. They are just silly if you're coming from US.
The wealthy here can and do afford them. Guess when you sell, the price is still high, so it's not so crazy?
No one has mentioned very wealthy are often connected to govt directly or thru contacts. They collect these cars and can be seen in top, barrio cerrados, sometimes on the news when caught in the cookie jar.
Not so sure any are paying the wealth tax, but just a guess.

The cars I really enjoy seeing are not expensive 4 door Mercedes sedans- its the rare and strange vintage cars that ended up in Argentina, that you rarely see elsewhere.
I'm with you on that - seen in Uruguay:

MG.jpg
Monte Morris 02.jpg

And all the English bikes I've seen, in amazing condition - Nortons, Ariels, Vincents...

Back