Macbook Heating / Fan Issue - Will The Apple Store Check It?

Girino

Registered
My 2011 MacBook Pro i getting hotter (around 80°C) when I run WMWare and software in VMware (which keeps freezing).
I tried to reboot VMware, the software alone, the whole computer, but it keeps freezing and it makes impossible to work on the emulated software.

I installed an app called iStat which gives stats about CPU/RAM/HD usage, CPU temp and fan rpm. Everything looks fine except for the fans, which run at around 5600-5800 rpm and are highlighted in red in iStat.

I saw an Apple Store at the Jumbo mall, are they able to look into the issue if I bring my computer in?
Or is it just a façade?

I'd either sell it in Argentina for a profit or get it repaired in another country. This might be of help though http://support.wdc.com/country/country.asp?c=argentina

My 2011 MacBook Pro i getting hotter (around 80°C) when I run WMWare and software in VMware (which keeps freezing).
I tried to reboot VMware, the software alone, the whole computer, but it keeps freezing and it makes impossible to work on the emulated software.

I installed an app called iStat which gives stats about CPU/RAM/HD usage, CPU temp and fan rpm. Everything looks fine except for the fans, which run at around 5600-5800 rpm and are highlighted in red in iStat.

I saw an Apple Store at the Jumbo mall, are they able to look into the issue if I bring my computer in?
Or is it just a façade?

I think the nearest official Apple stores are in Santiago and São Paulo.

My Dell was over heating and randomly shutting off. I saw there are computer fans you can buy online to put next to the computer but I heard that they make a lot of noise. Instead, I did what was recommended on a tech forum and it worked perfectly. I put two plastic bottle caps underneath the lap top under the back corners and I've never had a problem since. It ventilates better and doesn't heat up.

Sounds like it might be dirty. My laptop was doing the same thing. Took it to my local tech guy and they opened it up. It was unbelievably filthy. They cleaned it. No problems since then.

If it's an overheating issue, I'd happily look at it for you.
Send me a PM, if you wish.

Gringoboy - can you give me an estimate on checking a macbook pro? Mine is a 2012. worked fine and then one day wouldn't start. No reason that I know of (nothing spilled on it, etc). It sat for a few weeks while I was traveling, then I tried it and it was fine. Then died again. Nothing happens when I start it - black screen. Anyway, would love to know what the problem is and if its fixable.

I don't charge to investigate/diagnose the problem, but once diagnosed, we agree on a course of action, price etc.
Always seems the fairest way.
The non starting problem could be any number of things and I would need to see it; likewise overheating, although probably quicker to diagnose.
I'm actually in La Lucila now, next to the train station. Send me a PM Citygirl.

Back