Made Me Laugh!

Farenheit

Registered
Was looking up education laws here and found this :lol: pearl written by the British Council (Country Notes for English Language Assistants).

1.2 Managing Expectations
In Argentina there is often a culture of anti-formality which might give the impression of a lack of organisation and forward planning. Things tend to happen at the very last minute and many assistants from the UK find it hard to adjust to what they might see as a disorganised society. Usually what is lacking in forward planning is made up for in making newcomers feel welcome. However, you will need to prepare yourself for certain frustrations at bureaucratic level...

My goodness, that basically sums up the entirety of Latin America. "However you will need to prepare yourself for certain frustrations at a bureaucratic level. . ." should read "However you will need to prepare yourself for certain frustrations on every level imaginable . ." LOL! Every Westerner that I know, myself included, that has "adjusted" to the Latin ways of organization, arrival times, and forward planning finds themselves continually boggled at the fact that anything gets done at all. Must be nice to be able to be so laid back. We all came here in to escape our own cultures in one way or another, so why not embrace it and show up late as well!

Back