Magnifying Glass

Mahara

Registered
Hi

Does anyone know where I can buy a magnifying glass. I'm trying to read the nutrition labels on the food packaging here and find the print so small/fuzzy that I can't read it, even with reading glasses. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Mahara

Optical shop anywhere in the city, numismatic shop (stamp collectors) with many of those shops in the centro

Mahara said:
Hi

Does anyone know where I can buy a magnifying glass. I'm trying to read the nutrition labels on the food packaging here and find the print so small/fuzzy that I can't read it, even with reading glasses. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Mahara
ask for a Lupa

French jurist said:
Optical shop anywhere in the city, numismatic shop (stamp collectors) with many of those shops in the centro
Thanks - I'll search and let everyone know the results.

Mahara said:
Thanks - I'll search and let everyone know the results.
UniCenter has several stores with magnifiers of various types

You can often buy cheap ones in the Chinese supermarkets...

You can put too a big water drop on a piece of glass, it might be enough to make a text readable.

A boy scout

Hi

Found one today at Lutz Ferrando, corner of Juncal and Puerrydon. It's great - very small maybe 2 x 3 - not the Sherlock Holmes type but called a linen test magnifier. $30 pesos. Fits into a pocket or purse. Thanks for your suggestions

Back