Mail Forwarding Services (US to BA)

nazareth37

Registered
Greetings. Does anyone have any experience with any of those mail forwarding services (either digital or snail mail), virtual addresses, virtual offices, and the like?

Any recommendations (or warnings!) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Richard

Thanks to for the tips. I'll check into both companies. One can't be too careful when it comes to choosing who's going to open your mail!

Richard

nazareth37 said:
Greetings. Does anyone have any experience with any of those mail forwarding services (either digital or snail mail), virtual addresses, virtual offices, and the like?

Any recommendations (or warnings!) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,
I agree that EarthClassMail is very good for your regular mailbox correspondence. However, if you would like to make purchases online and have them shipped to BA, you may want to set up a US Address with http://www.BongoUS.com
For $5 you get your own American street address, not a rented address and not a PO Box. It helps immensely with international shipping hassles. They consolidate shipments if you line up a subscription, worth it if you buy a lot from states.

Hope this helps someone!

Thanks for the responses everyone. As for opening mail, there are indeed some services that do so - Earth Class Mail and PMI, for example. They open and scan what you ask them to. I'm trying to figure out if I really need that level of service. After nine years here in BA, I can't keep asking family members to field my mail for me!

nazareth37 said:
. . . . After nine years here in BA, I can't keep asking family members to field my mail for me!
Why not simply change your mailing address to your residential one? Is there any real advantage, after so long a time, to keeping a mailing address in the States?

We have also had excellent success with Earth Class Mail. My husband thinks that even when we return to the States, he'll use it. I was just about to post a recommendation for Expats. We've been here almost a year, and we read all our mail on-line. We regularly have them scan our mail and download the pdfs for a record. We've also had them forward important documents (tax forms, checks) and a package when they were delivered to our PO Box by mistake. Totally worth the money!!

Back