Mail In Ba??

ComingToArg

Registered
How is the mail service in Argentina? I use a mail scanning and forwarding service in the US to handle my statements etc., but I am wondering how well the local mail service operates??

Over the last few years, I've sent about 6 envelopes from my mail forwarding service using Priority Mail and they all arrived. They only contained papers.

This brings up an important point for me: I currently live in Vancouver (and am moving to BsAs) and would like to use such a service as ComingToArg indicates using. Several such services seem based in the US; obvious worries over security and confidentiality linger...

Does anybody from Canada / Vancouver have experience to recommend a reputable company they've dealt with?

I notice this one, online, which advertises here:

http://moving.expatf...assmail_153_p39

It seems based in the US... which brings a few issues to mind... however, I cannot confirm that from what I have already seen online with this company.

MANY thanks, in advance, all!

Paul

In Vancouver: http://www.mailboxbest.com/services.html

I haven't used them however.

I don't know of any in Canada but you mention a good point. I use Pouch.ly in the US. I've never had them forward physical mail as it's easier to have them scan. I'm glad to hear that documents can be sent Priority with no issue. Thanks. I've heard it isn't worth the trouble sending packages to Argentina as customs tacks on incredible high fees for arbitrary reasons.

rpkerston,
Can't you just use Canada Post's international mail forwarding service? I've used that twice. It's been good. You pay in advance for a one-year period, and it's renewable each year after that.

I should have returned to my own post sooner, but I guess I got occupied - so sorry:

Sockhopper has a very good point, but I had thought their forwarding is time-limited, and as others have pointed out, forwarding may not even be the desired option in many cases... either as a result of its being completely unnecessary or because of the trouble involved collecting / getting / arriving / paying, etc. Maybe their international forwarding has renewal options; however, domestically - if memory serves and admittedly, that's begun to fail, of late - the option did not seem to exist when last I checked / used them (though I admit I could be wrong). Still, I think the issue is more the getting of the mail as opposed to the 'who does that' - and for me, having a trusted option to know what the item is before its being sent forward to me would be very helpful.

Joe mentions a very popular service that has locations even closer to my current residence than the one listed in his helpfully-forwarded URL. I'm just hoping that the rates won't be that high - and while maybe others find that quite a reasonable price, and their budgets allow... I'm afraid that mine does not. If I had to choose between CP and private, I'd probably bank on CP not going out-of-business... WHOOPS, they gradually are, already.

Many thanks for the thoughts - I truly appreciate the help received!

Paul

Back